[2012-May-23] God has bad timing

Post a reply


This question is a means of preventing automated form submissions by spambots.
Smilies
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :?: :idea: :| (o~o) :geek: :[] :geek2: :][>:=~+:
BBCode is ON
[img] is ON
[flash] is OFF
[url] is ON
Smilies are ON
Topic review
   

Expand view Topic review: [2012-May-23] God has bad timing

Re: [2012-May-23] God has bad timing

Post by Jewlian » Mon May 28, 2012 5:42 am

Let's not kid ourselves. Everyone knows Starfleet mainly recruits from the US population. The notion that they represent the entire world is BS Starfleet propaganda. They just pass off other nations as non-human in their statistics.

Re: [2012-May-23] God has bad timing

Post by ChaoticBrain » Sat May 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Kimra wrote:By that standard imagine how many countries Germany has the right to!


It's funny because Nazis

Re: [2012-May-23] God has bad timing

Post by Kimra » Sat May 26, 2012 5:33 pm

By that standard imagine how many countries Germany has the right to!

Re: [2012-May-23] God has bad timing

Post by Sandwiches » Sat May 26, 2012 1:43 pm

England is nearer France than Argentina is near the Falklands. That country is rightfully ours because of proximity!

Re: [2012-May-23] God has bad timing

Post by smiley_cow » Sat May 26, 2012 1:14 pm

Kimra wrote:Why he no french accent? 0.o


I always assumed that at some point between now and the 24th century England invaded France.

Re: [2012-May-23] God has bad timing

Post by Sandwiches » Sat May 26, 2012 11:27 am

In the future everyone in europe will be british, we are such a dynamic and growing country it can only be right that we share this prosperity with the whole continent.

Re: [2012-May-23] God has bad timing

Post by Kimra » Sat May 26, 2012 11:03 am

Why he no french accent? 0.o

Re: [2012-May-23] God has bad timing

Post by DonRetrasado » Sat May 26, 2012 6:07 am

Considering that English is an official language in 54 countries, including India, Pakistan, South Africa, Nigeria and the Philippines, and almost every former British colony, I'd say that a fair chunk of English speakers are non-white. And then you have to remember that English is one of the languages with the most (if not the most) second-language speakers in the world.

Star Trek, as an example, is set in a universe where Earth is no longer divided in terms of nations, so it'd be pretty weird to have every federation officer from Earth be an American. In the first place Captain Picard was French, hence the British accent.

Re: [2012-May-23] God has bad timing

Post by Kimra » Sat May 26, 2012 5:54 am

What's the percentage of white people who speak English? Since all these characters speak English it's safe to assume they have come from a certain demographic, say America perhaps?

Also... Pitch Black had an aboriginie on the shit* ship. He died quickly, but he was there.

*Freudian slip

Re: [2012-May-23] God has bad timing

Post by GUTCHUCKER » Sat May 26, 2012 2:49 am

That would decrease their credibility, and therefore their power!

Re: [2012-May-23] God has bad timing

Post by smiley_cow » Sat May 26, 2012 2:30 am

Um...I don't think google would lie to me.

Re: God has bad timing

Post by DonRetrasado » Sat May 26, 2012 2:17 am

smiley_cow wrote:Also what's with the American-centric outlook? These spaceships are usually manned by people from all over the world, and white people are only about 20% of the global population.

No, that can't be right, I feel more important than that...

Re: God has bad timing

Post by smiley_cow » Fri May 25, 2012 6:43 pm

Jewlian wrote:
Sandwiches wrote:Well there are never any aborigines on these starships.

[img]http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061010061455/memoryalpha/en/images/thumb/b/b6/Chakotay%2C_2377.jpg/292px-Chakotay%2C_2377.jpg[img]

smiley_cow wrote:Good job ChaoticBrain, you found a small handful of black people from predominately white shows. Consider racism solved.

Speaking of racism that Mary sure is white for a Hebrew woman from the middle east in Roman times.


What percentage of US population would you say is black?


Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't 'Aborigne' usually refer to the indigenous peoples of Australia? I know it can be used more broadly, I just never hear it used more broadly.

Also what's with the American-centric outlook? These spaceships are usually manned by people from all over the world, and white people are only about 20% of the global population.

Re: [2012-May-23] God has bad timing

Post by Sandwiches » Fri May 25, 2012 4:22 pm

These starships, there are no otherkin on them. I want to see a dragonman on a starship.

Re: God has bad timing

Post by GUTCHUCKER » Fri May 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Jewlian wrote:What percentage of US population would you say is black?

Did you mean people or negros?
Image

Top