Two site suggestions (SMBC Archive located within)

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Two site suggestions (SMBC Archive located within)

Post by TwoBuy »

1) Can you put Oh No Robot links under the comics? I am constantly thinking "hey, I want to show a friend that one comic with xxx" but don't want to search through the thousand+ page archives. Some of your older stuff has already been transcribed, but it would be nice to know what has and what hasn't.

2) Is there a way to link the could-a-been comics with the regular ones? Some of those are really great and it would be nice to be able to easily re-visit them when perusing the archives.

that is all for now.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

Marty and I are gonna be discussing some website modifications this weekend. Mostly it'll be about setting up a store, but you make some good points.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

It seems dumb to post this after Zach has posted, but hey...

I do remember there was some talk of this back in the day. I think he was asking folks to think about tags for the comics. It was short-lived, needless to say.

cranberrytuna

Post by cranberrytuna »

Tags would be nice, actually. Or SOME way to search. I was trying to find the one where the guy throws a tennis ball at the blind guy but I think I found it on random the first time and I just couldn't find it. So yea, I think tags would be nice.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

cranberrytuna wrote:Tags would be nice, actually. Or SOME way to search. I was trying to find the one where the guy throws a tennis ball at the blind guy but I think I found it on random the first time and I just couldn't find it. So yea, I think tags would be nice.
In theory this would be nice. But it would be so god-damned hard to implement, it'd just be a waste of Zach's time.

I now present to you the best way to find a certain comic:

1. go to http://www.smbc-comics.com/zachcave
2. Right click/open in new window.
3. Save every goddamn comic. Make sure you don't change the filename, as the Date in which the comic was published will help you to link to that comic on the interwebs.
4. If you happen to find the comic you want during step 3 and don't wish to find any in the future, skip step 5, 6, and 7.
5. If you complete step 3, and wish to find a comic later, right click inside the folder you saved all of them in and under "View As" click "filmstrip"
6. Start pressing the right arrow key as fast as you can while still being able to read the comic. You should find what you're looking for this way eventually.
7. Note the filename (it should be the date if you did step 3 correctly), and if you wish to link to it somewhere, the url will be http://www.smbc-comics.com/comic/YYYYMMDD.gif (year/month/day, respectively).

Yeah it's a pain in the ass and time-consuming, but because you are on this forum with us, it will be assumed you have no life, like us!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

I used to have them all on my computer. And it made it easier to find the ones in question, if you knew what it looked like. I'd just look at them in thumbnail, find the one I was looking for, look at the title/date, and find it online.
Alas, I don't have them on my compy anymore.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I used to have them all on my computer. And it made it easier to find the ones in question, if you knew what it looked like. I'd just look at them in thumbnail, find the one I was looking for, look at the title/date, and find it online.
Do you want me to zip them and give em to you?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

mountainmage wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:I used to have them all on my computer. And it made it easier to find the ones in question, if you knew what it looked like. I'd just look at them in thumbnail, find the one I was looking for, look at the title/date, and find it online.
Do you want me to zip them and give em to you?
That'd be great.
Thanks a bunch.
The last thing I wanted to do was go through them all again, saving individually.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Edit: I'll just email it to your toysmolder address.

Edit 2: The file is too large! :roll:

Care to meet on AIM?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

mountainmage wrote:Edit: I'll just email it to your toysmolder address.

Edit 2: The file is too large! :roll:

Care to meet on AIM?
Alas, I do not have AIM. I know there are file dump websites, but I couldn't really be of help there. I don't really have any suggestions.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Although it's a shitty ad-ridden site, I used depositfiles for the convenience. Here's the link: http://depositfiles.com/files/4584275

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Stolen! Thanks for that! I also could not be bothered clicking and downloading each one. I only wish I'd got the pictures before they were re-done, for that original SMBC flavour.

Edit: Which are in the file too! Awesome!
Not a big fan of signatures.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Thanks kindly.
I had the SMBC folder (the one with the pre-edits). But I didn't have any of the rest. Fantastic.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

What can I say, I'm thorough.*

*sexy**
**A nerd.

Husper

Post by Husper »

thanks for that you sexy chocolatey nice person.