Zach's sketches at cons.

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
GetsLonely

Zach's sketches at cons.

Post by GetsLonely »

So, story intermingled with Zach's sketches. Wondercon 2010 in San Francisco I saw Zach on Friday and got a cool sketch of a giant zombie vs. the kraken. It was awesome and I was very happy.
Saturday I brought a girl with me, but sadly she was not really interested in comics at all. She liked talking to the old defunct and crabby actors who hung out at their sad little tables in the back and sold weak pictures and autographs for 50$ and more a pop, but she didn't really care as much about the awesome charming comic artists who gave you things for free and had really cheap funny comic books. Anyway, I lured her to Zach's table with a promise of a free sketch by a funny artist, and she grudgingly came over to take a look. (some of this info may be exaggerated to make this post more entertaining, like the word "grudgingly" for instance) So I got a picture first so she could see what his drawing style was like, I asked him to draw a picture of a person in a knit cap in a food fight with a hippo; It was hilarious.
So the girl asked for a picture of Belle from the Beauty and the Beast. I inwardly groaned, I wondered if she understood with her eyes that Zach's art isn't meant to be beautiful to look at. Well he drew a funny picture of a brown haired princess doing a jig.
She smiled and thanked him, and then as soon as we were away from the table, she tried to throw the picture away. I quickly took it and kept it instead and asked her why, and she explained that she had been hoping for a good looking picture, not a ridiculous picture of a stupid looking princess dancing. I then knew for a fact that she did NOT UNDERSTAND ZACH'S ART. Even though she is a cool girl most of the time, I have not asked her on any more dates. Poor girl clearly doesn't understand drawing styles and doesn't really like thinking in general, and is kinda shallow too. I will keep trying until I find someone a little more intelligent.

I've meant to scan these and put them up for quite a while now, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I'd like some input on my formatting as well. should I have thumbnailed these and had them link to imageshack instead because of their size?

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: Zach's sketches at cons.

Post by Edminster »

They are perfect as is, and the storytelling was mighty fine.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Yes, excellent story telling. But don't dismiss someone because they're stupid about one thing. Only if they're stupid about everything, or most things at least. Just my input. Few people are perfect. But, then again she was stupid about awesome cool stuff...

e: oh wow I assumed this was Ahmet, but I stand by my advice all the same.
King Prawn

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Kimra wrote:Yes, excellent story telling. But don't dismiss someone because they're stupid about one thing. Only if they're stupid about everything, or most things at least. Just my input. Few people are perfect. But, then again she was stupid about awesome cool stuff...

e: oh wow I assumed this was Ahmet, but I stand by my advice all the same.
Oh damn, if I could have got a girl to come with me, I might not be here.

Haha just kidding. If I tried hitting on women, I'd probably do okay. Lose maybe 20 more pounds and I'll be pretty fit. I could do it in three months I think if I tried.

My landlord's scanner broke and I don't attend college. Where can I scan the pics?

The girl might not be that bad. Zach's art wasn't that great for a while, but focused on being funny. Tell her you love him for what his brain can do, not what his hand can draw.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

GetsLonely

Post by GetsLonely »

Ways to put things online:
1. Look for a Kinko's or Fedex place. They usually have some kind of scanner, and then you can copy the info to any digital media device you have on you.
2. Take a picture! Lots of camera's have pretty good resolution nowadays (Like today's Woot! ... which will dissapear and be replaced with a new item in about 1 hour) You only really need about 1.2mps to post a pretty good picture online.
3. If your computer has a webcam, that's another way to take a picture if you don't have a regular camera good enough.
4. If all else fails, open up mspaint, stare at the picture, and try and draw the lines as well as you can. Even if you fail horribly, we can still laugh at your attempts and get the same amusement we would have gotten if you'd been able to put the actual picture here.

Oh, and thank you for the advice people. But I've realized she really is a fairly shallow person who doesn't like to think very much. And while that would be just fine for some people, I really need someone intelligent, so I could have fun conversations way after the period where my body starts going downhill and even fails to have erections anymore.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

At least see if you can get a few good bonings in until you find someone else more interesting.

GetsLonely

Post by GetsLonely »

AHMETxRock wrote:At least see if you can get a few good bonings in until you find someone else more interesting.
That would work for most people, but I'm LDS, and won't do it until I'm married.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

What's LDS? I find that girls who are willing to do that too are pretty damn rare though, so don't get hope your hopes up about your partner doing likewise. (Welcome to the forum!)
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I was joking about the boning. I am a hopeless romantic.

GetsLonely

Post by GetsLonely »

Sahan wrote:What's LDS? I find that girls who are willing to do that too are pretty damn rare though, so don't get hope your hopes up about your partner doing likewise. (Welcome to the forum!)
Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, abbreviated to LDS. Dating within my church network makes it more likely that the girl I date will also be chaste, but is not a guarantee, but that's all right; It's my choice, and I'm happy with it.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Ahh, the nice 'dating within your church' business. The mormons with the marriage markets and the speed dating and the serious feel that they may not convert many outsiders but that is okay because the ridiculous amount of insiders that they are breeding.
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

My dyslexia makes me keep reading LSD. Or maybe that's my hopefulness?
King Prawn

Euclidthegreek
Fisty McGee

Post by Euclidthegreek »

I read this as "Zach's sketchiness at cons."
Edminster wrote:I'm starting to think Euclid lives in the past.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Euclidthegreek wrote:I read this as "Zach's sketchiness at cons."
He gets a bit too touchy-feely and sometimes when he comes back from the bathroom there's some white powdery residue under his nostrils.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Just like Andy Dick!
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.