ZACH HOTLINE

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Re: ZACH HOTLINE

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Well how about that. You registered an account to suggest a correction, and somehow you didn't make me hate you in the process. Good job, new person! Take note, the rest of y'all.
Unfortunately, Zach won't ever see it. That's how these things work.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

I thought the same thing when reading this ... I expected a joke on the difference of meteorology and climate science.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

unhappybuffalo

Post by unhappybuffalo »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:Well how about that. You registered an account to suggest a correction, and somehow you didn't make me hate you in the process. Good job, new person! Take note, the rest of y'all.
Haha thanks- I've been a regular on many other forums in the past and I know how it can go.

Euclidthegreek
Fisty McGee

Post by Euclidthegreek »

unhappybuffalo wrote:
Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:Well how about that. You registered an account to suggest a correction, and somehow you didn't make me hate you in the process. Good job, new person! Take note, the rest of y'all.
Haha thanks- I've been a regular on many other forums in the past and I know how it can go.
Yes, I can see you're a man* with experience. I'm sure Zach doesn't read your posts on those other forums either. So it goes.

*Or manbearpig, I'm no speciesist.
Edminster wrote:I'm starting to think Euclid lives in the past.

monsterbeluga

Post by monsterbeluga »

Has anyone else noticed that there is an error in comic 2458 (http://www.smbc-comics.com/?db=comics&id=2458#comic), when the girl says, "Jones had an idea," but it was really Smith's idea?

Just thought I'd point that out. Maybe I'm not getting something though.

B

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Zach here, I'll get on it straight away!
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

I'd hate to be stuck behind Satan in the post office, for the devil takes many forms.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Felstaff wrote:I'd hate to be stuck behind Satan in the post office, for the devil takes many forms.
Nice.

Salacious Schoolmate
[Insert Here]

Post by Salacious Schoolmate »

Apocalyptus wrote:Zach here, I'll get on it straight away!
yes

john liked this

thisguy

Post by thisguy »

Hey Zach,
I've really wanted to ask you this question as a fellow science guy.

Which do you think is more of a tragedy to science, the fact that J. Robert Oppenheimer was stripped of government clearance for alleged communist activities, or that Karl Schwarzschild died as a result of fighting in WW1?

Salacious Schoolmate
[Insert Here]

Thanks for your question, and it's a hard one, hahaha! Well I think that fact that Oppenheimer was stripped of government clearance is the greater tragedy, and I'll tell you why. Imagine what kind of weapons he could have built, what kind of glorious engines of destruction he could have made if he hadn't been locked out of government. We could be laughing at nuclear missiles, as children's toys.

Anyway, thanks for your question, and I've got one for you. What makes you think I am a science guy?

thisguy

Post by thisguy »

Salacious Schoolmate wrote:Thanks for your question, and it's a hard one, hahaha! Well I think that fact that Oppenheimer was stripped of government clearance is the greater tragedy, and I'll tell you why. Imagine what kind of weapons he could have built, what kind of glorious engines of destruction he could have made if he hadn't been locked out of government. We could be laughing at nuclear missiles, as children's toys.

Anyway, thanks for your question, and I've got one for you. What makes you think I am a science guy?
But Oppenheimer had openly opposed the building of the hydrogen bomb or other weapons that would give mankind the ability to destroy itself. He might have contributed more to the field of physics though through other research. I have to think that perhaps Schwarzschild was the greater tragedy since he was able to solve Einstein's field equations for general relativity before Einstein could. I have little doubt that if he had lived through WWI that his name would be as famous today as Fermi, Feynman, or even Maxwell.

And I think you're a science guy because I read SMBC. It's pretty darn obvious, eh?

Sentient AI

Post by Sentient AI »

Dear Zach,
Make sweet hot love to me please?

Salacious Schoolmate
[Insert Here]

I will need your address and two forms of ID.

I don't want a repeat of last time.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Salacious Schoolmate wrote:I will need your address and two forms of ID.

I don't want a repeat of last time.
Also your credit card details.
King Prawn