Why don't you shave?

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
Razor of Justice

Why don't you shave?

Post by Razor of Justice »

Maybe this question has been covered somewhere else but anyway.. It isn't like there's anything to grow, right? I'm asking because I'm in the very same situation where the best I've ever been able to get has been an ant race all over my face. Sooo is it laziness, or actually going for the looks? :geek:

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: Why don't you shave?

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I'm thinking this should be moved. Probably to New Outlandia, but possibly General.

I shave once a week. My facial hair isn't that great. I couldn't grow a beard (and definitely not a goatee) if I wanted to (I don't). It helps that I have a reasonably light hue in my facial hair, so it isn't too terrible to leave for a week. I've probably gotten to the point in my life where I probably should shave twice a week, but my job isn't terribly professional, so I can get away with it.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

My beard isn't particularly heavy or light so I usually shave every day or every other day. Of course I have no obligation to from work or school but I feel like I look cleaner when I shave more often, instead of a dirty hobo. I did grow a full beard at one point; at the moment I haven't shaven in a week but I don't plan to grow it out again right now.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

I generally only shave about once a week, as that's the point where the breaker in my mind trips and I get grossed out about being covered in hair. Plus the whole "can't really afford new razors" thing; given unlimited razors I shave every other day or so.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

If I was a guy I'd have the crappest beard ever, because I'd just let it do it's thing. Actually I wouldn't mind a platted one like Jack Sparrow. But more unique. And no. No I have no idea how platted is spelt.
King Prawn

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Plaited Image
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I shave every two or three days, because that is usually the time it takes for me to look in the mirror and think my face is looking particularly hideous and unkempt, or my stubble gets too itchy. Though during periods of complete apathy/feeling miserable, I have kept it growing a little longer. I can develop a decent looking beard in the space of two weeks, and I'm just thankful I'm not yet at the stage where I'd need to shave every day.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

DonRetrasado wrote:My beard isn't particularly heavy or light so I usually shave every day or every other day. Of course I have no obligation to from work or school but I feel like I look cleaner when I shave more often, instead of a dirty hobo.
I usually shave on the weekend, and only have about a day, day and a half of feeling like a dirty hobo. Shaving every 6 days seems stupid to me. So I just suck it up and look like a hobo for a bit.

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:My beard isn't particularly heavy or light so I usually shave every day or every other day. Of course I have no obligation to from work or school but I feel like I look cleaner when I shave more often, instead of a dirty hobo.
I usually shave on the weekend, and only have about a day, day and a half of feeling like a dirty hobo. Shaving every 6 days seems stupid to me. So I just suck it up and look like a hobo for a bit.
Pretty much this.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

I can grow a full goatee and mustache and all along my jaw line (the douche-bag beard), but my cheeks never grow in thick enough for a full beard. When I'm single I usually shave every 2 or 3 days for appearance sake. Sometimes I get lazy and if I don't shave for more than a week, I'll let the mustache and chin strap grow out and just shave my cheeks. If I have a girl friend I shave every day I'm going to see her to avoid abrading all the skin off her face with my stubble.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

On a side note, despite knowing I'd be too lazy to ever shave my face, I hate bearded people. They are evil and untrustworthy.

e: fixed for accuracy.
King Prawn

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

This song may make you consider changing your mind.

Also, it is important to remember that beards don't kill people, people with beards kill people.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Sahan wrote:Also, it is important to remember that beards don't kill people, people with beards kill people.
This reminded me of the Tick episode, That Moustache Feeling. So I watched it and laughed. Thank you.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

Sahan wrote:This song may make you consider changing your mind.

Also, it is important to remember that beards don't kill people, people with beards kill people.
I feel my friend has seen these guys. He is unable to grow a full beard, which I feel is a good thing. I personally, despite my greatest efforts, cannot get the faintest whisper of a beard but my boyfriend recently decided to stop shaving and see what happens. It is a month since that fateful day and he has a full, luscious black beard. My brother is very jealous because he has been growing his for three years and he just has something akin to sparse pubic hair sprouting from his chin.

My point is, my boyfriend looks like blackbeard. Unkempt
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

As I am known to some as the Unshaven Hobo, I have a reputation to live up to.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.