Looking for...details inside

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
Xineoph

Looking for...details inside

Post by Xineoph »

Looking for a specific comic along the premise...
It was a long panel strip, and as best as I can remember the story went like this.
The man loses his wife and is depressed. People come up to him to console him, take him out, talk, anything and he rejects it all just wanting to wait until he can be reunited with her. It has a very philosophical beginning obviously.

He goes to sleep, and wake up the following morning angry. "How dare the sun rise?! I just lost my wife!". He was mad the world didn't stop for him, and carried on as normal. People still went to work, the birds still chirped, etc, and even goes to a policeman to file a complaint about it. I don't really remember the rest, but that's the longer details.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Last edited by Xineoph on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Re: Looking for...details inside

Post by Sahan »

No, thank you!
Last edited by Sahan on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I think that was a Garfield actually.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Xineoph

Post by Xineoph »

DonRetrasado wrote:I think that was a Garfield actually.
Nono, this wasn't the Garfield comic about Odie, this was a different one.

It was a long panel strip, and as best as I can remember the story went like this.
The man loses his wife and is depressed. People come up to him to console him, take him out, talk, anything and he rejects it all just wanting to wait until he can be reunited with her. It has a very philosophical beginning obviously.

He goes to sleep, and wake up the following morning angry. "How dare the sun rise?! I just lost my wife!". He was mad the world didn't stop for him, and carried on as normal. People still went to work, the birds still chirped, etc, and even goes to a policeman to file a complaint about it. I don't really remember the rest, but that's the longer details.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

You're right in that it wasn't Garfield, but it was still a newspaper strip.

Specifically, it was the storyline of The Phantom about a year and a half back, where Diana dies and Walker* is inconsolable. He's finally brought out of his funk by the beautiful Captain Savarna, who reminds him of why he follows in the proud tradition of his family by exploding the fuck out of some pirates. Eventually, he falls in love with Savarna and they have a beautiful wedding. On their wedding night, Savarna pulls off her face to reveal she was actually Chatu the Python in disguise all along, and he has infected the Phantom with double-ebola.

If you give me a bit I can try and track down the compilation highlighting the salient points for you.

*For the Ghost Who Walks!
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Alright, looks like I was a bit off on some of the specifics, but I managed to find the abridged latter half of the storyline. I guess the first half is lost to the ages though :/

ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Xineoph

Post by Xineoph »

heh, an interesting comic, but still not it. Mostly because I know it was a webcomic similar in style to smbc, and of course the specific sunrise and police scene which entertained me, which aren't present in yours.

i think you're right in that I'm thinking of another webcomic completely possibly, and I'm going to search my two candidates when I get the chance. In the meanwhile thank you for the attempted help

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

I don't think it's possible you meant any comic than the one Ed just showed you. I just don't see how that would work.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.