Error in latest video

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
StCredZero

Error in latest video

Post by StCredZero »

There was a reference to "ammo on store shelves." In general, there is no ammo on store shelves nowadays. Weird but true moments in capitalism and community paranoia.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Re: Error in latest video

Post by Kimra »

I'm sure Zach never stretches the truth for comedy. You're right, he should reedit it and remove this erroneous statement.

(I'm just assuming this is a SMBC video thing, if I'm wrong I still don't care)
King Prawn

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

StCredZero wrote:There was a reference to "ammo on store shelves." In general, there is no ammo on store shelves nowadays. Weird but true moments in capitalism and community paranoia.
Are you sure?
http://ravelingroup.com/wordpress1/wp-c ... andgun.jpg

That looks like ammo on store shelves to me. It is from a story in January about ammo shortages at stores because of a spike in purchasing. The picture was supposedly taken at a Cabellas.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I remember it being an issue in the Bowling For Columbine documentary, but I didn't know if you Americans had cleaned up your act in the years since that was released.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Sahan wrote:I remember it being an issue in the Bowling For Columbine documentary, but I didn't know if you Americans had cleaned up your act in the years since that was released.
I would guess there is no federal regulation regarding the display of ammunition on store shelves. I'd further guess that some states and municipalities don't allow it to be displayed in that way, but that others do. Some retailers may have also made company policies against it, while others may not have.

In the US there are a lot of law making bodies. We have one federal government, 50 state government, 3,034 county governments, 19,429 municipal governments and 16,504 townships. They all get to make laws, all 39,000+ of them. This can lead to some confusion. For instance, according to state law, you are still legally allowed to drink alcohol while driving in Mississippi, although you can't be intoxicated. It is the only state that does not have a law against consuming alcohol while driving. Instead it has a whole bunch of laws, because for some reason I don't know they left it up to the counties and municpalities. Considering almost half the counties are 'dry' in the state and some of the counties don't even allow you to possess alcohol, I'm guessing drinking while driving, soberish or not, will get you into trouble just about everywhere in Mississippi.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.