this is why i check back sometimes

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
anus mcgee

this is why i check back sometimes

Post by anus mcgee »

comics like today's comic are the reason that i will, albeit very rarely, check back here sometimes. the old "1-panel, i'm going to actually be funny" format.

99% of zach's work is still shit though

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Re: this is why i check back sometimes

Post by Kimra »

*grinch mode activated*

Did this require an entire thread? I'm thinking no. I'm sure you could have tacked it onto any other thread. Like the one about whatever random comic you're talking about? Or you know, any of those other random threads?

Maybe you are a spam bot and I just haven't figured out what you're selling yet. -___-
King Prawn

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

I see what Anus is talking about. I often feel stupid when the really science-y comics come up. Sometimes the white noise takes over and I don't read all of the comic. Then again I'm almost 30 and still giggle when dogs fart.
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

If a physics one comes up I pretend in my head that I know what it's about and laugh. At least it's not xkcd with all the computer science references.

All the biology ones he's been doing are right up my alley though.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Gilligan

Post by Gilligan »

I like almost all of his comics. Xkcd is more focused on computer science and tech related jokes. They're also very current events oriented. Zach's are more philosophical and existential. They'll still be relevant in 6 months, 6 years, 6 decades (maybe).
Go tell your alien brothers that Ronnie Cordova says they're GAY!
AHMETxRock wrote:If there isn't a little boy sitting on my shoulders tweaking my nipples constantly I just CAN'T get off.

hanna

Post by hanna »

I appreciate you writing such a 1001 games great essay. Do you intend to write any similar pieces in the future? I'll be visiting your website again and again.

Lyzee Sanchena

Post by Lyzee Sanchena »

I also have the same thoughts as you in this article, I agree with your opinion. Thank you for showing me more new knowledge. Experience wordle 2 to get more new vocabulary for yourself

annadine

Post by annadine »

When the really science-y comics appear, I frequently feel trap the cat foolish. Sometimes I don't read the entire comic because the white noise takes over.

Marians

Post by Marians »

This problem needs to be solved in general, because articles similar to yours are very reasonable, I solve them to quickly play run 3

misa9x

Post by misa9x »

I'm sorry to hear that you don't enjoy most of Zach's work. Humor is subjective, rock heardle and not everyone finds the same things funny. However, I'm glad to hear that you found today's comic to your liking. The single-panel format can be an effective way to deliver a punchline, and many talented cartoonists have excelled in that format over the years.

jeffreestar

Post by jeffreestar »

It's great that you've found some comics that you enjoy, even if you don't like the majority of an artist's work. Comics and humor are diverse, and there's something out there for everyone cookie clicker