Looking for comic: The reason for weird fetishes

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.

Looking for comic: The reason for weird fetishes

Postby IQAndreas » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:52 pm

There is a comic I can't seem to find again, and I'm 90% sure it was an SMBC one. I'm going from memory here, so I may be off on the plot a bit...

It goes through panels and panels about how people with similar genes paired up and how most of the species eventually became more and more refined with little genetic difference between them. Because of this, problems arose, and the ones who survived were those few who had been mating with opposite or "odd" mates.

The comic fast-forwards to the present day where a guy (a decentant of those who survived by mating with "different" mates) is sitting in front of a computer asking himself "Um, why did I just find that hot?"

Does anyone recognize it?
IQAndreas

Re: Looking for comic: The reason for weird fetishes

Postby Kaharz » Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:14 pm

I think that was in the last month or two
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.
Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Postby IQAndreas » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:32 am

Kaharz wrote:I think that was in the last month or two

Fueled by the knowledge that the comic was from only from "the last month or two" back, I figured, "Oh great, I'll just start at the current comic and keep going backwards; it should only take me between 30 and 60 comics to get there."

As comic after comic passed before my eyes, I soon realized the comic was further back than two months, further back than three months, further back than four months. But I couldn't just give up now, not after already having flipped through so many comics. The comic I was looking for was closer now than it had been when I started; I had sunk costs and I wasn't giving up now.

Comic after comic after comic...

Doubt crept in. What if this comic was not on the website, but had instead been posted to The Nib? What if the joke was from a different comic strip entirely?

And then, just as my sanity started slipping through my fingers, it was there before my bloodshot eyes and twitching face:

IQAndreas

Postby Kaharz » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Sorry, I don't think that was the one I was thinking of. But they all kind of blend together into a few different comics after a while.

Also, sunk cost should not be a deciding factor when determining whether a project should be cancelled or not.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.
Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Postby IQAndreas » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:31 am

Kaharz wrote:Also, sunk cost should not be a deciding factor when determining whether a project should be cancelled or not.

It shouldn't, but people don't always act as rational as economists would hope* (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dollar_auction).

* (Correction, technically they do act rationally, but not always as optimally as would be ideal for them to)
IQAndreas

Return to SMBC