Translate comics to spanish?

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.

Translate comics to spanish?

Postby Dranton » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:10 pm

Greetings, good geeks, I was thinking of how great would it be to have SMBC in Spanish. As it is, for a while I will have a lot of free time, and I write here to see if someone is interested in teaming up to get some of the SMBC comics translated. I have experience as a translator, but I am not always the most accurate, and perhaps someone here will be interested in spending some time with this.

Well, here is the proposal, any suggestions are welcome.
Dranton

Re: Translate comics to spanish?

Postby DonRetrasado » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:28 pm

I'm interested in this. My Spanish is really bad (essentially non-existent) but I have almost an entire degree in linguistics (and I still have my old Spanish linguistics textbook), and I'm thinking of pursuing translation after finishing school, so I wouldn't mind the experience. Let me know if I can be of any help.

For the record, if you were intending to run this by Zach, he doesn't read the forums, but you can contact him by email or twitter pretty easily. There's also the French edition of SMBC which, shockingly, is still being made.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.

Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.
DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: Translate comics to spanish?

Postby Dranton » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:05 pm

DonRetrasado wrote:I'm interested in this. My Spanish is really bad (essentially non-existent) but I have almost an entire degree in linguistics (and I still have my old Spanish linguistics textbook), and I'm thinking of pursuing translation after finishing school, so I wouldn't mind the experience. Let me know if I can be of any help.

For the record, if you were intending to run this by Zach, he doesn't read the forums, but you can contact him by email or twitter pretty easily. There's also the French edition of SMBC which, shockingly, is still being made.

Wonderful! Let's start talking via PM to see how to work it out.

And yes, I already sent him a mail, he replied that it is OK if I want to translate for fun, but SMBC is not currently looking to work with someone officially.
Dranton

Return to SMBC