SMBC Android App

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.

SMBC Android App

Postby afathman » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:56 pm

Howdy everyone!

I put together an SMBC android app a few months ago, and after some tinkering recently I think it's at a point where I'm willing to show it off to other people :)
Google Drive download: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0J6a7jpKIbAWWdlbmtZbnB6Snc&usp=sharing (screenshots included in the folder)

It's completely open source, and you can build/modify it for your own purposes. All I ask is for some sort of credit for the work done on it thus far.
https://bitbucket.org/afathman/smbc I would also love any pull requests, as there are still a few outstanding issues.

Side note: Zach has stated for a while that he's been developing an app in house. It hasn't appeared, so I thought I'd share this in the meantime. Without his written permission, I cannot post it to any legit app store, so it will remain as a Google Drive/bitbucket project for now.

Second side note: There are no ads in the app, and in no way am I making any benefit from it. There is a button to go to Zach's patreon, and the app was developed purely out of fandom for smbc comics/Zach.... and perhaps due to not wanting to open up a chrome browser to see the latest comic.

Versions:

1.0 -December 09 2015
[*]Initial release to forums
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0J6a7jpKIbARzVRV19iVngyNVk
Last edited by afathman on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
afathman

Re: SMBC Android App

Postby Edminster » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:44 am

Notified Zach, he had this to say:

ZachWeiner wrote:Officially, you don't have my approval. Unofficially, neato!
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud
Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Postby afathman » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:45 am

Yea, that's pretty much what I got when I emailed him about it.
afathman

Postby afathman » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Zach's comics broke the app, they're too funny. Anyways, I'm aware that there is a new issue causing the app to crash. Will look at it when I get home tonight.
afathman

Postby Edminster » Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:58 pm

There was some backend reshuffling and such as like; the forums were messed up and other people have complained of the RSS stuff going wonky the other day so it's no real surprise yours is being weird.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud
Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Postby afathman » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:24 pm

Yup, it appears as if the url has gone from ids to titles. On the plus side, I now have access to all the titles! Woo! On the flip side, I'll need to re-imagine how to properly index the site. Will hopefully get the app up and going again soon for the 3-4 people using it, haha.
afathman

Return to SMBC