Secrets revealed!

Material specifically relating to SMBC and related projects.
Crusty
[Insert Here]

Post by Crusty »

I don't have any friends that play old school Warhammer so I think of 40k as warhammer
I am the Illegitemate Father of Genetics
mountainmage wrote: anchorman was good, but you really need to see "The Grammar Police vs. Shut The Hell Up"

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Simon. wrote:Warhammer 40k and Warhammer Fantasy are both happening at the same time.
Possible. Personally, I think the Fantasy time line is set after the 40K one. Yes, you read that correctly.

(Oh, GreenCrayon, how do you consolidate an interest in conspiracy theories with an upbringing intermingled with Games Workshop products?)

I'm glad you asked.

The reason I say that is looking at the older publications (the Realm of Chaos book, if I remember correctly) had rules for followers of Chaos to use ancient relics that were boltguns and similar, in the Fantasy Battle universe.

Okay, I accept that it's possible that -- given the nature of Chaos -- there's simply some funky time dilation going on here, but I'm not entirely convinced that's the case. Why else would a bunch of Eldar, Squats, and more primitive races all be settled on just one world with no technology, if not for the fact that there's been some cataclysm ending the universe as they knew it?

Oh, and look in the Gorkamorka books. There are totally Necrons in the ruins. Totally.
Pirate.

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

It is my full belief that we will soon enter a new dark age, where we will shun technology. Look at the rise in religious fundamentalism due to the furtherment of science.

Also, I was a 40K geek for a long time. Had 'Nids, Khorne Chaos and Iyanden Eldar. I liekd people laughing at flimsy Eldar and then seeing half a tonne of wraiths placed on the board.
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Jesster wrote:I liekd people laughing at flimsy Eldar and then seeing half a tonne of wraiths placed on the board.
I also like to tone my waist on a board.

Also, warhammer sucks as do all other things I haven't taken the time to learn.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Jesster wrote:I liekd people laughing at flimsy Eldar
I've never known anyone to laugh at Eldar as flimsy. I still remember 2nd Edition rules allowing an Exarch with Bright Lance and a teleportation device like the Warp Spiders used.

And Dreadnoughts (now Wraithlords)? Has there ever been a time when those things weren't easily cheesed?
TwoBuy wrote:Also, warhammer sucks as do all other things I haven't taken the time to learn.
Personal hygiene sucks?
Pirate.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

GreenCrayon wrote:Personal hygiene sucks?
Yes, but for different reasons. It's like sleep. Something I have to waste countless hours a year on because God couldn't think of a better design.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

TwoBuy wrote:Something I have to waste countless hours a year on because God couldn't think of a better design.
Yeah, I heard in the pre-beta of God's new version you automatically regain mana and hit points when you sleep, instead of needing to meditate and go to a hospital respectively. It should make levelling a lot easier.
Pirate.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

GreenCrayon wrote:Oh, and look in the Gorkamorka books. There are totally Necrons in the ruins. Totally.
I think I can try to flex my nerdy muscles here. The Necrons are the oldest race of all of them, been around billions of billions of years before the Eldar even. The erm, what are those things called? The big Necron god things, Necrontyr? You know? Fuck, those things, ah ha! A quick games workshop search reveals they're the C'Tan, I remember now. Anyway, the C'Tan were all around, killing everything, gods, and all that. And then they all started fighting each other, and the only two left were the Nightbringer (the strongest) and the deciever (tricked the others into attacking each other in the first place, and to leave him alone). And the Nightbringer was seen by all the young races (the eldar and humans, and everyone but the orks and nids) as death. And so that is why they all have an ancient fear of a hooded creature with a scythe as death. Excluding orks and 'nids, as they're younger races, and only started evolving when the C'Tan went back into they're tombs. And so were spared a fear of death.

As for the boltguns in the world. That can be explained by chaos marines actually landing on the warhammer world, and trying to lead a force of chaos themselves, which would have made them almost invincible with their armour and such. But then they would have either left, or been killed by something like a giant. There have been other cases of races with more advanced technology landing on the Warhammer world.

Such a nerd.
Not a big fan of signatures.

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

Poor me, I come in here expecting posts that make sense instead Im dished this Nerd-laced-jabberwocky.
You wierd bastards...
"Is the multitude of laughters mine alone?"

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

we_are_138 wrote:I come in here expecting posts that make sense
Best. Post. EVAR.
Pirate.