Lexicon!

Symposium Mandated Bibliognostic 'Cyclopedia

Interested in playing Lexicon? (read introductory post before voting, plzkthx)

Poll ended at Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:53 am

Sure!
33%
Do you really expect me to read that wall of text?
27%
Did you seriously write 'plzkthx'?
27%
More like the blind puppy running into a wall
13%

Total votes: 15

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Re: Lexicon!

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Edminster wrote:
Oldrac the Horse Doofer wrote:OptDat117 series protocols for neuroactive datascape interfacing, neutroson-reactive polymers, persistent neutroson structures, dataspace-only existence immersion, biointegrated nanoscale neutroson controllers, neuroactive technology.
That's an impressive sample of technobabble. Now comes the time for Ed to integrate both this and Engineer Recruitment into the Timeline.

Apparently Twobuy was imprisoned by Zach all throughout the Server Rebalancing and the SMB Civil war, according to Lethal. That's over four decades! Zach must seriously have wanted his expertise.

Actually the length of TwoBuy's incarceration is not known. While we do know he was imprisoned long enough to engineer the plans stated (as well as presumably others which may be discovered), my research hasn't shown how long was needed for him to do that. No release date given, or whether he was allowed to be released at all.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Lethal Interjection wrote:
Edminster wrote:
Oldrac the Horse Doofer wrote:OptDat117 series protocols for neuroactive datascape interfacing, neutroson-reactive polymers, persistent neutroson structures, dataspace-only existence immersion, biointegrated nanoscale neutroson controllers, neuroactive technology.
That's an impressive sample of technobabble. Now comes the time for Ed to integrate both this and Engineer Recruitment into the Timeline.

Apparently Twobuy was imprisoned by Zach all throughout the Server Rebalancing and the SMB Civil war, according to Lethal. That's over four decades! Zach must seriously have wanted his expertise.
Actually the length of TwoBuy's incarceration is not known. While we do know he was imprisoned long enough to engineer the plans stated (as well as presumably others which may be discovered), my research hasn't shown how long was needed for him to do that. No release date given, or whether he was allowed to be released at all.
I really need to start proofing my posts better. I didn't mean to imply that he was released after the plans for the Dreadnought were finalised, merely that he was still imprisoned when the ACV required that the plans be created (which is over forty years after his first imprisonment).
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Edminster wrote:I really need to start proofing my posts better. I didn't mean to imply that he was released after the plans for the Dreadnought were finalised, merely that he was still imprisoned when the ACV required that the plans be created (which is over forty years after his first imprisonment).
It seems to me you are misreading. The entry on the Dreadnoughts said that preparations of war were made, military expanded and construction on the Dreadnought fleet begun on request of the ACV in 2045, but it made no mention of Project 2bi. It states nothing about the blueprints for such warships. I have found no other indication of how long TwoBuy might have been incarcerated. It is entirely possible that these plans and blueprints for the warships might have been drawn as early as 2010, and simply held by the ever-wise Zach until a time he deemed necessary, i.e. when he needed them for the war he had anticipated.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Lethal Interjection wrote:It seems to me you are misreading. The entry on the Dreadnoughts said that preparations of war were made, military expanded and construction on the Dreadnought fleet begun on request of the ACV in 2045, but it made no mention of Project 2bi. It states nothing about the blueprints for such warships. I have found no other indication of how long TwoBuy might have been incarcerated. It is entirely possible that these plans and blueprints for the warships might have been drawn as early as 2010, and simply held by the ever-wise Zach until a time he deemed necessary, i.e. when he needed them for the war he had anticipated.
I've been pondering this matter for a few moments, and I suppose it is entirely reasonable that the ACV requested the Dreadnought-class warships to be constructed from decades-old blueprints.

As for why Oldrac neglected to mention Project 2Bi in his article, I cannot provide an answer. After all, I would have thought that the creator of the Dreadnoughts to be historically notable. We shall simply have to wait for his take on the matter.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Edminster wrote:As for why Oldrac neglected to mention Project 2Bi in his article, I cannot provide an answer. After all, I would have thought that the creator of the Dreadnoughts to be historically notable. We shall simply have to wait for his take on the matter.
There is a very good reason for this, which I will tell you, um, later.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Hey, Edminster, you left out an F entry.

I'll get around to writing a real article sometime this weekend, probably.

Oh, dear. I seem to have perpetrated another double-post.
Please forgive my indiscretion.
Last edited by Oldrac the Chitinous on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I generally excuse double-posts when there's at least 12 hours between them. If you edit your post by then, people may not notice, and it requires a double post.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

mountainmage wrote:I generally excuse double-posts when there's at least 12 hours between them. If you edit your post by then, people may not notice, and it requires a double post.
I'm in agreement with Mage on this one, although I'm a bit more lenient. Heck, that's really the only time that I edit posts, nowadays. If I find a doublepost with an elapsed time between posts of less than about an hour, it gets merged into one.
Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:I'll get around to writing a real article sometime this weekend, probably.
By 'real article' are you talking about an 'F' entry, or are you talking about your article on General General?

On a related note, Lethal! Congratulations, you've been assigned to write about the Great Arctic Wolf next turn!

gödel stop spreading fud

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Yeah, College is trying to sodomize me right now. My sleep and eat schedule is messed up. I don't have time to bitch around with ya guys, or contribute. Consider this a withdrawl. Alas. I'm sure my one article is all the groundbreaking wit you'll hear from me.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Why have I been assigned that? I was tempted to request it, anyways. Though I was also tempted to do something on the Gun Conjecture, or another title I had been thinking of.

Also, when is the F deadline? I'm curious, because I'm not sure I'll have enough time to make it, if it is soonish.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Deadline is in a little over eighteen hours, but you can request an exception for an additional twenty-four in light of your contributions.

I assigned it to you because I am trying to get biographies of the Old Ones into this thing. If you want to do one on the Gun Conjecture as well, it was significant enough that I am willing to authorise the extra entry.

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Edminster wrote:Deadline is in a little over eighteen hours, but you can request an exception for an additional twenty-four in light of your contributions.

I assigned it to you because I am trying to get biographies of the Old Ones into this thing. If you want to do one on the Gun Conjecture as well, it was significant enough that I am willing to authorise the extra entry.
I may just do that. Not that I'm really concerned about points, but if I write an F entry late (say Monday, as I'm doubting I will have much time between now and then, as I'm working straight until then), and those two G entries (which would probably also be on Monday or Tuesday), can I get 2 full points between the 3 articles?

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

That's acceptable. I look forward to your entries!

gödel stop spreading fud

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Edminster wrote:
Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:I'll get around to writing a real article sometime this weekend, probably.
By 'real article' are you talking about an 'F' entry, or are you talking about your article on General General?
Oh, that question. Um, pretend I didn't say anything.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

How are the articles coming along, guys?

gödel stop spreading fud