Annexation and Subsequent Annihilation of Outlandia, The

Symposium Mandated Bibliognostic 'Cyclopedia
mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Annexation and Subsequent Annihilation of Outlandia, The

Post by mountainmage »

In the year 2006, when the forum was in its fledgling state, the attacks by the Spam-bot hordes were merciless and countless in number. In an attempt to appease the gibbering masses, Zach the Magnificent annexed the largely uninhabited Outlandia and offered the landmass in its entirety to the Spam-bots and some of the less intelligent citizens of SMB City.

The naturally anarchistic Spam-bots quickly ravaged their new home. The Spam-bot's waste, simply called Spam, overflowed and began to seep into SMB City. Disgusted by the mess the Spam-bots had created, Zach the Magnificent quickly rued ever giving in to the gibbering, mindless creatures. He sent his most fearless warlord, <<General General>>, to eradicate the Spam-bot menace.

General General then proceeded to systematically kill each and every one of the Spam-bots. Afterwards, in a stroke of genius, he set up the most effective method imaginable to prevent the Spam-bots from ever rearing their ugly heads again: the <<Emayle Confirmation Bureau.>> Though sometimes crafty, Spam-bots were rarely able to pass the citizenship test administered by the E.C.B.; any found unable to do so were quickly disposed of.

After the removal of the Spam-Bots from Outlandia, the land was renamed Generaland in his honor. His descendants would eventually come to found the city-states of Libraria, Sci-Phi, Moltemedea, and Wartritia.

Author's notes:
Exactly what year General General began his brutal campaign is unknown, though it is suspected to have occurred sometime in 2007-08.

A soldier in General General's army named Private Private became well-known for his expedient delivery of confidential messages to and from the soldiers stationed in Outlandia.

Although Moltemedea grew to a respectable size, none of the cities founded by the descendants of General General were ever able to match the glory of SMB City and Generaland.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Re: Annexation and Subsequent Annihilation of Outlandia, The

Post by AHMETxRock »

I say, this campaign seems to have been concurrent with the ACV movement I have researched. Perhaps there can more light shed upon the subject by a third scholar with information we are not privy to! I do say, I feel a wave of hives coming over my from the sheer excitement!
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Ha! Your article is causing quite the commotion down in the Symposium. They want to know all sorts of things mentioned in your entry. particularly, they want to know about the Emayle Confirmation Bureau. They are also interested in as much information on the various nation-states spawned by Generaland as possible, including information on Generaland itself.

Seriously, your article has brought more RFI forms into my Inbox than anything else at this convention so far. Including the unfortunate incident with the drunken barrister. That should tell you just how much of a stir this has caused.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I introduced a lot of material, but I didn't want to overload on citations. For some reason 2 sounds like a such a magical number.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

I notice that your article does not mention the Spam-Bots that were conscripted into service for the Blogosphere Offensive (I refer you to my article on the matter.) I had been under the impression that those Spam-Bots had been culled from the original inhabitants of Outlandia. However, based on your article, it seems that that would have been impossible, if Gen. General was indeed able to exterminate all of them. I suppose it's possible that the Blogosphere Bots could have been pulled from those caught in the Outlands sometime afterwards, or that some of the Spam-Bots were able to reassemble themselves even after General's Purge. I confess that I'm not the expert on the Outlandia campaign that you are - perhaps you can shed some light on the matter?
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

I can shed light on this matter, do not worry.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud