Apostasy Trials, The (2051-2052)

Symposium Mandated Bibliognostic 'Cyclopedia
Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Apostasy Trials, The (2051-2052)

Post by Sahan »

Considered one of the most controversial events in the history of the Forum, the Apostasy Trials were the end result of an aggressive counter-assault on both military and political fronts by the then presiding <<Immortal Nine>> against the increasingly popular apostate movement, the Zach Can't Draw Political Party (ZCD), leading to the public executions of some 4,300 citizens.

The movement is believed to have been started by an influx of invading members from the Trolling clan, a large and infamous band of internet-goers (referred to as Trolls) known for their belligerent and persistent provocations on organised internet societies, who incited political unrest in the lands of SMB City by publicly denouncing and criticizing the talent of founding leader and autocrat <<Zach the Magnificent>>. The hearings signified the end of a lengthy and brutal campaign by members of The Immortal Nine to eradicate the movement beyond the point of resurrection, and the official end to the brief but violent SMB Civil War (2050-2052).

The members of the Immortal Nine who actively presided during the SMB Civil War included AHMETxPositronium as Inquisitor-General, Edprimeminster as Major-General, and Field Marshal mountainmessiah. Though the three Venerable members of the Immortal Nine were often locked in a bitter power struggle in previous years, the Triumvirate of Order, as they were referred to, made a temporary truce in order to cooperatively defeat the ZCD and similar apostate movements.
Edprimeminster in his public address to the citizens of SMB City, December 12, 2050 wrote: ... and so today marks the day, when we shall let go of our previous struggles with one another and unite against a common enemy, an enemy that seeks to threaten our existence from under our very noses. You see before you today, fair citizens, the Triumvirate of Order that will work with justice to ensure your safety and well-being, and to protect your right to freedom for the many years to come."
Perhaps the most controversial of acts occuring in these few years (and indeed the history of SMB City), is the same Triumvirate leading the government army into battle, participated in the Apostasy Trial hearings as prosecutor, judge, and in jury. Accusations were also made that defendants had no access to competent legal representation, a claim denied vehemently by the Triumvirate, stating that the chosen attorneys Tucker and Hardkore had "impeccable legal records", and that the fault lay in the defendants' inabilty to make contact with their legal representatives before the trials.

Authors Comments: There is some dispute as to the relationship between members of the Triumvirate during and after the war years. Many sources claim that the three had maintained a solid and unfaltering truce for the rest of their reign, however some evidence has been shed suggesting that bitter infighting was the norm once the Triumvirate were away from public eyes. The validity of this evidence, however, is unconfirmed.
Last edited by Sahan on Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: Apostasy Trials, The (2051-2052)

Post by mountainmage »

I guess I shall appoint myself Spelling Czar of the great work that we are undertaking. Rein means to rein in something, i.e. a horse. Reign is the word you're looking for, my dear chap.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

And, uh, the adjective form of "apostasy" is "apostate." Unless that was deliberate.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I feel the nature of the adjective form of apostasy is debatable, but in order to continue our progress with good humour, I shall oblige to your request, Sir Oldrac.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?