GET RICH SCHEME

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw

Post by hawhaw1267 »

All I gotta say right now is...

LEEEEEROOOOOOOOOYYY JEEEENNNKINS!!!

tucker
Master of the single Entendre

Post by tucker »

OH NO!!!! THE INFAMOUS BATTLE CRY!! WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!!!!!!!!
huh?

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Okay, I'm gonna give you two some pointers.

If you were aiming for obscure humour there, you've failed and made yourselves look stupid. Firstly, it's not obscure -- it's an internet buzzthing. That means people will be divided on it; either it'll go over their heads completely, or they'll already have heard of it, in which case it'll already be old. Such is the nature of the internet, my friends.

A great example would be if you replied with "ALL YOUR BASE", or any of its derivatives. Okay, take a deep sigh with me for each time you've seen that on a forum, message board, in a chatroom, or pasted anywhere else. Hyperventilated yet?

And especially for you, Tucker... replying to a post explaining the joke above makes you seem like you're really desperate to seem funny or clever, and as such destroys the possibility of you being either.

If I'm out of line here, I apologise in advance. I'm just trying to help you guys, so no offence.
Pirate.

tucker
Master of the single Entendre

Post by tucker »

thank you for the pointers... now let me give you one. if you have to explain to me and hawhaw how not funny we are, it just makes you less funny and even more, it makes people lose respect for you. i know i'm doing the same thing, but i know that i am neither funny nor respected on this forum so i have absolutely nothing to lose
huh?

hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw

Post by hawhaw1267 »

GreenCrayon wrote:"ALL YOUR BASE"
R Belong To Us? :cry:
GreenCrayon wrote:If I'm out of line here, I apologise in advance. I'm just trying to help you guys, so no offence.
No offence taken. I just say random Internet shit like that (Especially considering the topic it is in with nick316's crazy shit) to be random and have people either say, "WTF is th@t n00b saying?!?1? lolzerz." Or say, "I remember that shizznitz. That be funny...n00b."
But Tucker has to be a JERK about everything! :x

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

tucker wrote:it makes people lose respect for you.
Who are you kidding? If I'd done it in a nasty way, I can think of a few who would have respected me more! In fact, if anything, I've lost respect for trying to be nice about it. Oh, and for saying I think Tank Girl is great. Which she is*.

* True story.
Pirate.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

GreenCrayon wrote:
tucker wrote:it makes people lose respect for you.
Who are you kidding? If I'd done it in a nasty way, I can think of a few who would have respected me more! In fact, if anything, I've lost respect for trying to be nice about it. Oh, and for saying I think Tank Girl is great. Which she is.
I'll leave you three - well, 1.5 if you're counting minds, and not forum accounts (Crayon is the 1 (could go on a cheersquad poster that could*) You do the math) - to have your little spat. But for the record. Crayon is the one.

But my real question is, who is Tank Girl? Am I the only one who doesn't know?

* Crayon is the one, Crayon is the one. Holy fucking shit, he's got a fucking gun.

Or.

Crayon, Crayon, he's the one, if he can't do it, no-one... uuh, one.
Not a big fan of signatures.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

GreenCrayon wrote:Who are you kidding? If I'd done it in a nasty way, I can think of a few who would have respected me more! In fact, if anything, I've lost respect for trying to be nice about it. Oh, and for saying I think Tank Girl is great. Which she is*.
tank girl the comic or tank girl the movie?

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

The comic, blatantly.
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Jesster wrote:The comic, blatantly.
By the fact that he said something good about it I would have to agree.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Okay, Tank Girl. First up, for those who haven't heard of her there are a few places to look.

Secondly, I actually like the comic and the movie, though in different ways. I'm not really sure what people don't like about the film, so I'm happy for you guys to share. :)

It's not like the thread isn't already off-topic.
Pirate.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

tank girl movie... cinimatics=great. acting (even for a comic book movie)=awful.

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

Never watched it.
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

Saw it once long ago But if you were to ask me now I couldent tell you a single thing about the film.
"Is the multitude of laughters mine alone?"

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

ruotwocone wrote:acting (even for a comic book movie)=awful.
Okay, discounting the mere presence of Ice-T, I'd have to disagree. I mean, I'm not saying the acting was great, but I've seen worse. Malcolm McDowell was to his normal standards, Lori Petty would have been playing out of character if her acting had been any more rational, and Naomi Watts was so cute as a brunette she didn't need to act.

If you'd just said "because Ice-T ruined it all for me", then I might even have agreed. The animated bits were spot-on, though.
Pirate.