Post More Inane Drivel

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Re: Post More Inane Drivel

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

My state's PBS station is showing a program about an olde timey store here whose main selling points are pigs feet and a wood-burning stove.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Liriodendron_fagotti wrote:My state's PBS station is showing a program about an olde timey store here whose main selling points are pigs feet and a wood-burning stove.
north_carolina.mp4
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Edminster wrote:hormones are dumb as hell

i am literally getting all weepy because i remembered the owner of a cider company was nice to me and bought me a drink on wednesday
Are we talking alcoholic cider, and what is the company?

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Lethal Interjection wrote:

i am literally getting all weepy because i remembered the owner of a cider company was nice to me and bought me a drink on wednesday
Yeah! Cider company is Bold Rock, they're only in my and liri's area it looks like. I am one of those heathens who doesn't like alcohol and this was really good.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Edminster wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:

Yeah! Cider company is Bold Rock, they're only in my and liri's area it looks like. I am one of those heathens who doesn't like alcohol and this was really good.
I'll keep an eye out in case it gets a wider distribution.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

How long/what would it take to get Michelle Obama to be a credible option for a DNC presidential candidate? I'm asking for a friend neighbouring country.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Lethal Interjection wrote:How long/what would it take to get Michelle Obama to be a credible option for a DNC presidential candidate? I'm asking for a friend neighbouring country.
She's very solid career-wise to run for a smaller seat, say, her husband's old job, then go from there. At the point when Barack entered politics, they were pretty equally qualified (similarly to Bill and Hillary). Aside from her having no expressed interest, it would be a shame if people started assuming that the only way for a woman to be elected president is if they were married to one first. Which is a bad reason to rule someone out. It would be sweet if Malia or Sasha were president in a few decades if they turn out anything like their parents.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Busted up my phone good on Friday. Cracks all across the screen.
Lucky for me I was only about a month from the end of my contract.
Luckier still, I had nothing owing with my provider because the contract was nearly done, so I didn't even have to suffer with the broken screen (or downgrade to my still-older phone for a time).
Plus, I managed to avail myself of a few 'deals' since providers are trying to bring in that back-to-school crowd.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

I started growing my own fenugreek/methi plants! From store-bought seeds intended for spice use, too. I was pretty surprised by how many of them germinated - I didn't have high hopes from what I'd read.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Liriodendron_fagotti wrote:I started growing my own fenugreek/methi plants! From store-bought seeds intended for spice use, too. I was pretty surprised by how many of them germinated - I didn't have high hopes from what I'd read.
Oh man that's cool! I should try that.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Apocalyptus wrote:
Liriodendron_fagotti wrote:I started growing my own fenugreek/methi plants! From store-bought seeds intended for spice use, too. I was pretty surprised by how many of them germinated - I didn't have high hopes from what I'd read.
Oh man that's cool! I should try that.
The difficulty of finding fresh leaves (at least here) is definitely worth the risk of them not germinating.

I put around 30 seeds in a little dish of water to soak for a few hours before planting them. It definitely helped.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

My plants!

The ones in the pot on the right are way too close together because I figured maybe one or two would sprout, not... all of them. Hopefully the ones who defeat their kin will have the taste of victory.

E: now you can see them

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Can you smell it?
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

We actually had a load of pigs overturn about 30min away from me yesterday. About 1/5 died, most were trapped, but a few got loose and were roaming the area. They were headed to slaughter.
Interestingly this resulted in a woman (who was among animal rights protesters) being charged a second time for involvement with a truckload of to-be-slaughtered pigs. She's currently on trial for mischief because she obstructed another truck while feeding water to the pigs while the truck was stopped (a story pretty prevalent in the news since it happened a year or more ago). This time she was charged with obstructing a peace officer while she breached the police line multiple times to try and take pictures.