Post More Inane Drivel

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: Post More Inane Drivel

Post by Edminster »

Kaharz wrote:So is everyone still alive? Just checking. Edie, I linked your bird blog as a response a friend's post of a less humorous bird blog. If you suddenly get a few weird, older, goths following you, I'm sorry.
nice. if they followed within the past few days or so ive not noticed them amongst the influx of new followers i got from getting linked by a more popular bird blog.

i think you are the only person who isn't part of the secret SMBC Forum facebook group Lethal made the other week which has been used as proof-of-life for a few of us of late
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

wait did you link my post about The Discarded because holy shit that started blowing up out of nowhere
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

I just linked to the main page. And it was yesterday about a hour before I posted my previous message. So even if the timing works out, it still may be a coincidence.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

Edminster wrote:secret SMBC Forum facebook group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/nofelstaffsclub
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

it's the secret SMBC forum group not the secret XKCD forum group

(im facebook.com/maverickornithographer in case we arent friends already)

gödel stop spreading fud

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

I just sent a friend thing. First name Brian. Profile picture has me all got up in construction stuff so you can't really see what I look like. Most of my stuff is only viewable by friends.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Still alive!
Microaggression? Microaggression!

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Astrogirl wrote:Still alive!
Me too! Also temporarily deacted my facebook so this is now the only way I can talk to you guys. ;__;
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Some years back I kept deactivating Facebook and then reactivating it ... I try to remember what kind of notifications I was getting from time to time that required my to log in ... can't have been from Facebook itself while it was deactivated.

What's your reason? Mine was privacy concerns.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

I just have weird birthday issues, so I always deactivate the few days around it so no one can post on my wall. I'll reactivate tomorrow sometime.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

smiley_cow wrote:I just have weird birthday issues, so I always deactivate the few days around it so no one can post on my wall. I'll reactivate tomorrow sometime.
I don't know if this would work in your situation, but I changed my settings to not show my birthday on facebook and it's been much better since.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Here https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=t ... sting&view you can switch the first entry from "friends" to "only me", then they can't write on your wall.

For the birthday hiding you go on your profile, on the second tab (called Info in German, not sure if it's the same in English ... the Wall setting above is called Chronik in German, so might be different), click edit near your birthday, the layout changes and there is now one button near the birth year and one button near the birth day where you can change from All or Friends to Only me.

Or you can deactivate your Facebook every time your birthday comes around ;-)

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Apocalyptus wrote:
smiley_cow wrote:I just have weird birthday issues, so I always deactivate the few days around it so no one can post on my wall. I'll reactivate tomorrow sometime.
I don't know if this would work in your situation, but I changed my settings to not show my birthday on facebook and it's been much better since.
Yeah, I do that too, but I have a lot of middle aged very well meaning relatives on Facebook who have my birthday marked down in a little book who don't really understand why I don't want them to wish me happy birthday, so this is easier.

Astrogirl wrote:Here https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=t ... sting&view you can switch the first entry from "friends" to "only me", then they can't write on your wall.
Oh! That never occurred to me. I might do that when my birthday roles around next year.

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

My birthday is hidden on facebook because I don't want to get bombarded with messages from people who wouldn't otherwise know. I don't care too much, but I don't really celebrate my birthday and usually just use it to leverage myself a day without responsibilities.

Inevitably some well meaning relative posts something on my birthday, but most people don't see it so it isn't too bad.

Next year I turn 40 and my wife is already insisting on a party or trip or something. When we first got together we argued about my birthday for a good month or so. I just don't want to spend a bunch of time, effort, and money on my birthday. It is stressful and annoying. I'd much rather just relax.

Muntic0re

Post by Muntic0re »

what is this thread about?