The US Govt shut down - from an ethical point of view

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: The US Govt shut down - from an ethical point of view

Post by Edminster »

Kaharz wrote:I'm sorry. I spent almost four years in Takoma Park, it was most bored I have ever been on a regular basis. If you are in VA, I'm really, really sorry.
Nah I'm over in College Park, or near enough. Hooray for car insurance rates jacked up because of old people and drunken university students!
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Edminster wrote:Nah I'm over in College Park, or near enough. Hooray for car insurance rates jacked up because of old people and drunken university students!
The first six months I was there I lived west of New Hampshire and my rates nearly doubled because the insurance company decided I was near enough to DC to be considered in it. Then I moved across New Hampshire about a block into PG county and suddenly my rates dropped again. Same zip code, was actually even closer to the DC line then last time, and had only moved about 0.5 miles but apparently it made all the difference. And yea, driving through college park always made me a bit homicidal, especially on a weekend night. I'm hopefully transferring to UM in the spring. Not looking forward to it...
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Kaharz wrote:I'm hopefully transferring to UM in the spring. Not looking forward to it...
I'd say we should hang out if you end up here but I'm pretty much the least fun person on earth to hang out with.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

Heh, I'm not very thrilling myself, but I have a strict rule about meeting people in the physical world that I met on the internet and that rule is "Don't."
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Kovvy
Bride Of Galactus

Post by Kovvy »

It's almost like you don't want to get murdered..

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

Getting murdered probably would not be so bad compared to spending time with some of the people I have met from the internet. You know, as long as there wasn't a lot of defilement and torture first. But I guess a quick death is too much to ask from internet psycho.

People who seemed like reasonable, entertaining and lacking in dickishness turned out to be horrible to spend more than five minutes around. I didn't have all bad experiences, and most of the people I personally chose to meet in real life were just a little to annoying to hang out with. They probably felt the same about me and my tolerance for people is pretty low in most cases. I have very few friends because of it. But some of my friends who have brought internet friendships into the physical world apparently have much worse taste then I do and the people turned out to be undeniable horrors.

I have a similar rule about people I meet at bars. Until I spend some time hanging around them while they are sober, I try to avoid having contact with them outside of the bar.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

We wean ourselves into dealing with each other in the real world with skype. I think I could handle been in the room with almost any of them, so long as I had the computer and computer games to play with during the awkward silences. I might need a second computer full of games if I'm in a room with Pyro. -_-
King Prawn

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Kaharz wrote:Getting murdered probably would not be so bad compared to spending time with some of the people I have met from the internet. You know, as long as there wasn't a lot of defilement and torture first. But I guess a quick death is too much to ask from internet psycho.
Hey, I take offense to that. I'm an internet sociopath myself and I do no such torture, defilement or killing. In fact, I met my best friend on the internet and saw him in Brisbane without any of the aforementioned brutalities. So there!
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Kaharz wrote:People who seemed like reasonable, entertaining and lacking in dickishness turned out to be horrible to spend more than five minutes around.
Well you're in luck because I am unreasonable, boring, and a massive dick online so clearly that means I am wonderful to spend five minutes around!

gödel stop spreading fud

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

That is sensible logic and I follow it entirely!
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.