The Bound and The Broken: PFE Saga (Chapter 1)

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

wolvenreign

The Bound and The Broken: PFE Saga (Chapter 1)

Post by wolvenreign »

(Hey all. This is the first chapter in my book that I'm going to call The Bound and The Broken, though it'll also have two sagas, the "PFE" saga, and the "Good John and Ra" saga. I would really, really, really love for this to be a manga or visual novel, so if you're an artist and you like my writing, shoot me a PM.)

(Here's the theme song...if the "youtube" function was working. =P) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72MX4LqjIDc[/youtube]

A shooting star screams across the dimly lit morning sky, painting the black canvas with a temporary spark of life. The scream itself sounds not unlike a newborn babe's cry, as new as this planet, which had been void and nothing but seven days previous.

Closer now, the star flew to the earth, lowering beneath the stratosphere. A strange feature begins to form on it, however; the fire which encases the meteor begins to solidify. It changes from burning ember to flowing cloth, it's gentle sway wrapping the star like a baby's swaddling cloth. It's cry is followed by a sonic boom, piercing the silent atmosphere as effortlessly as a bullet tearing it's way through a balloon. The crying is ever louder now, but it grows softer as two wings sprout from the star; both black and spotted with glowing white spots, as though to look into them is to look into the cosmos itself.

These new wings flap outward, evening themselves and slowing the meteors' racing fall. They are somewhat clumsy, however, much like a hatchling's wings during it's first flight, having been suddenly kicked from it's nest. At last, the star reaches its destination; a cracked, dried clay earth blessed only by the sunrise's gentle orange light. Soft crying can be heard inside, though the star no longer falls. From amidst the flame-like cloth, a small, childlike figure rises, untangling the nest of cloth from whence he fell. His face , and entire body, is shaded by the oversized robe which now trails behind him.

His vision is blurred at first by the tears of shock, the pain of birth. Wiping his eyes with his cloth, he watches his tears sink into the earth, creating an audible sizzling sound as they pierce the ground like acid. The confused child looks around him; there is no sign of life for miles. Only barren mountains and a beautiful sunrise.

Suddenly, the sunrise seizes his attention. The clouds passing by the sun rush by, creating a mezmerizing image that he could not look away from. As he stares into the sun, it grasps his entire being. Soon, there are no mountains and no earth, no tears and no cloth, no open sky; real or imagined, there was only a message, a morse code of clouds which spoke to him with no voice. And in it's godly magnificence, it enraptured his soul in meaning.

“Greetings, little one of the night sky. I am Ogen, the Grand Star. I hold absolute power over this world; with my majesty, I light this world, and with my judgement, I plunge it into darkness. In my greatness, I have chosen to bless you with life. Look at your feet once more, little one, and know that I am truth itself.”

A large pool of water begins to form at the child's feet. It surrounds him entirely, leaving only his cloak untouched. This miraculously spawning lake, which rose from the cracks of the seemingly dead earth, had a surface as reflective as a silver mirror. He stared into it, and what stared back was his own dimunitive image. Two little glowing eyes, one red, and one yellow, and a wide cheshire cat grin that did not budge despite his changing emotion.

Looking back toward the sun, the child seemed to remember something...obscure, but important. It was something called...identity. He did not know where he got such thoughts, only that it was important that he know. And thus, he tried to speak his first words. A high, raspy voice gargles from the back of his throat as he tries to speak. “Ogen...Ogen...”, he repeats, the word easy to remember, a delight to practice.

(Will post more now.)
Last edited by wolvenreign on Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

wolvenreign

Re: The Bound and The Broken: PFE Saga (Chapter 1)

Post by wolvenreign »

At last he begins to formulate his thoughts, swirling around this mysterious thing called “identity”, until at last he felt he could ask. “Ogen...who am I?”. Once again, the patterns swirl about the sun, sometimes spiraling and twisting upward to convey meaning, until there is only the message.

“You are my child, and I alone have the right to choose your name. I will name you Schaden, and you are a Bound, a human star. I gave you your smile that you might know happiness in this world, that you might be free to be joyful. But I warn you, my child; there are those who hunt stars in this world. They are known as “man”, and they will seek to take your smile away.”

Schaden, as he know knew his name was, seems confused. He believes his great, cosmic father, but can not fathom why anyone would want to take his joy away. “Ogen, great star...what must I do to keep my happiness?” Schaden became surprised as his own elocution. It seemed he was learning fast.

“My child, you must end anyone who comes close to you. They cannot give you warmth, nor light your soul as I can. I am your only friend in this world. Reach into the depths at your feet, my son, and I shall give you the means by which to protect your happiness.”

All too mesmerized by Ogen's great majesty, Schaden reaches into the waters before him and feels a handle on something quite heavy. With a few tugs, he manages to pull it out of the water, having it leap above his head like a fisherman pulling out an enormous fish. It falls to the ground behind him, dipping into the water from the lake, it's main body resting on the island that Schaden stood on.

Like the curious child he was, he came closer to what appeared to be a large greatsword. There was something unusual about the blade, however; it seemed as though when it was turned on it's side, it disappeared! The blade itself is two dimensional, though it's handle was fully three dimensional. As he attempts to pick it up, he feels a great burning begin in his stomach. His hands, once obscured by the cloth, began to glow purest white, with a purple vein pumping some bizarre plasma through his body. As he tensed up, he could lift the enormous blade.

Vast explosions erupted from the blade as it moved even the slightest! Twisting and churning about, one loud BOOM after another echoed forth, as if tearing holes in reality simply by existing.

“This is the Szizzor's Edge, my child. It's blade is infinitesimally thin, allowing it to cut through the building blocks of the universe; atoms. It is a thing of great power, and I grant it to you only because I love you dearly. So much so that I will allow you to pierce through my own creation, if only to protect you from those that would do you harm. Reach into the depths once more, little Schaden, and I shall grant you your other gift.”

Reaching into the pool once more, Schaden found a mysterious rod, which has five blades pointing upward, with what appears to be strange circuitry coursing throughout it. The five blades converge at the tip of the rod, where they make a single pointing edge in the shape of a star. “This is the Solid Star. It can pierce any rock and change it's shape according to your will. So great is my love that I allow you to shape my creation, if only it will keep you happy.”

Schaden finds something else strange about his two weapons; they seem to sink into his body when he touches them. Even the enormous Szizzor's Edge seems to be engulfed by his being.

“Oh, my child; yours is a form most magnificent. Anything you wish to carry can be dissolved into your body, and reformed at will. So great is my love that I wish for you to never be burdened, that all may be as part of you.”

At last, the patterns of the sun begin to die down, slowing as the sun rises into the afternoon. “Now, run, my child; they approach.”

(End of Chapter 1.)

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

A. This should be posted in Writing and Art.

B. You should join the community before posting your work, otherwise it looks like you're just here to advertise your stuff, and if that's all your here for it's pretty cheap to take an ad out with project wonderful at the bottom of the page.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

no i think it has a better home here in the outlands
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

You know, I think I agree. :)
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

wolvenreign

Post by wolvenreign »

...Well, I'm not a spam bot. And I'm not trying to sell or make money with my stuff, since I'm posting it here for free. I have been posting it to other forums, but only because I thought it would get more attention.

Guess I'll go introduce myself.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

good luvck with that!!
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

If you reach two hundred posts I'll even read it.* Otherwise your just being an attention whore.

*after I read Kovvy, and Smiley, and Apocalyptus' storys of course.
King Prawn

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Sorry, I stopped reading at the word 'manga'
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Wolven is pink!
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Kimra wrote:*after I read Kovvy, and Smiley, and Apocalyptus' storys of course.
But I never wrote any! That I've posted here at any rate...

Anyway wolvenreign, it's an interesting start but I suggest you get your tenses sorted out. It's distracting when you keep forgetting whether you're using past or present tense.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

PINK.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:PINK.
Just like my pasty white skin. Thanks for reminding me, you jerk!
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Goddamn honkey!

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Apocalyptus wrote:
GUTCHUCKER wrote:PINK.
Just like my pasty white skin. Thanks for reminding me, you jerk!
Pink and white: The same color?

Full story at 11.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.