Brand: New indie video game Help

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Re: Brand: New indie video game Help

Post by Kimra »

Dear Etienne,

I am interested in sending you money, please send me your credit card details so I can deposit $ on it straight away. I am really excited about this chance to support like minded people in an industry that's very hard to break into.

Lets do this!
Kimra
King Prawn

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

I am interested in the Freelancer-like game, but how do I donate money so that none of it goes to development of Brand or anybody associated with it?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Edminster wrote:I am interested in the Freelancer-like game, but how do I donate money so that none of it goes to development of Brand or anybody associated with it?
Put in a high-yield savings account.* If they start begging for money once that project gets around, donate. But just the investment. Don't give them the interest. That'd be stupid.

*If you are wondering where to find one, just find a magic lamp.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Yes but how do I make sure none of that money goes to anyone who touched the piece of filth that is Brand by Nine Dots Studio the Worst Game of Fiscal Year 2012?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Edminster wrote:Yes but how do I make sure none of that money goes to anyone who touched the piece of filth that is Brand by Nine Dots Studio the Worst Game of Fiscal Year 2012?
Volunteer your time to the company, steal the software, and make it yourself?

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

Edminster wrote:I am interested in the Freelancer-like game, but how do I donate money so that none of it goes to development of Brand or anybody associated with it?
This, but I need a guarantee that it will be at least half as good as Freelancer.
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

Free lancer was good game very enjoyable

Snarky00
/shrug

Post by Snarky00 »

I imagine that they were able to raise money because they were mentioned on extra credits.

Also the art on that episode was done by the guy who came through and started this thread.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Well he should know better internet etiquette if he's been on it doing stuff. Seriously at least pretend your part of the group before advertising, it's a nice way to trick people.
King Prawn

Snarky00
/shrug

Post by Snarky00 »

I was answering the how did they raise money question. Not defending the spamming which is obviously bad form.

Also I would guess if you look back far enough in many heterosexual male artists portfolios you will find overly sexualized drawings of women. It has to be how many of them get started.

Gee, I kind of want to see some boobs but I don't have access to a computer. I guess I'll just draw some...and a gun or something...whatever...Boobs!

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Snarky00 wrote:I imagine that they were able to raise money because they were mentioned on extra credits.
Ah, so it was morons instead of his parents who gave them absurd sums of money.
Snarky00 wrote:Also I would guess if you look back far enough in many heterosexual male artists portfolios you will find overly sexualized drawings of women. It has to be how many of them get started.
The three pieces were from '07, '08, and '10. It's not 'far back' it is literally last year. Go take a look through his account again and you'll see that he literally cannot draw female characters without sexualizing them. Further, the majority of his female characters are either monsters or otherwise 'dangerous', the sole exception being the purple glasses one that is sat in a position that sends a message of weakness and vulnerability. Judging by his art, Etienne Vanier of Nine Dots Studios, the producers of Brand (a terrible game) does not see women as actual people but rather things to be conquered or ruled over.

Random Mutant Girl
Etienne Vanier wrote:Awww yeah
Sexy Assassin Chick... OF PAIN
Etienne Vanier wrote:OF PAIN!!!!
Drow Adventurer
Etienne Vanier wrote:More drows.
Star Maiden
Etienne Vanier wrote:Trying to get better at drawing. Done with a tablet PC.
Medusa
Etienne Vanier wrote:"My eyes are my strongest feature."
Drow Chick
Etienne Vanier wrote:Awww yeahh.

Is not relevent to any of my school project but I'll put it in one of my games as bonus eye candy.
Random Tiefling Scythe Woman
Etienne Vanier wrote:Old piece. Vector drawing. Nothing special.
Eve
Etienne Vanier wrote:My first drawing of a (beautiful?) girl in A WHILE. I'm not sure why, but I've never practiced drawing females (prolly the lack of those in my real life )

As such, seeing that my future job (game dev) will require me to illustrate scandly-clad ladies, I thought I might start now.

Right now its not much, but by the end of the summer I'll do more of them. Oh, and the hands may not fit very well, as they are not part of the original drawing, but were added later.

Green eyes are pretty (^_^)...

and so are strings

gödel stop spreading fud

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

I see women as people to be conquered and ruled over, but not because they are women. Only because they are people.*

*I have no actual interest in world domination, seems like way too much work. Annihilation on the other hand...
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Kaharz wrote:I see women as people to be conquered and ruled over, but not because they are women. Only because they are people.*

*I have no actual interest in world domination, seems like way too much work. Annihilation on the other hand...
I think you can legit buy enough bombs from the former USSR to destroy the earth. Probably cost, like, 50 USD.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Edminster wrote:Judging by his art, Etienne Vanier of Nine Dots Studios, the producers of Brand (a terrible game) does not see women as actual people but rather things to be conquered or ruled over.
Ohohoho.

Fun fact: Etienne is the French version of the name Steven.

I mention that because ETIENNNNNE Image!
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Oh man, that Medusa one. I think my eyes are having nightmares right now.

Also, I like how he assumes that any kind of game developing is going to automatically involve drawing scantily clad ladies all day. At least acknowledge that the straight lady and gay man gamers might want some eye candy too, guy!

Edit: Oh, and I see that their logo:

Is basically the dropbox logo:

redrawn with an arrow on top.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."