Drug Thread

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Re: Drug Thread

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I thought that was the drugs?
Hm. No wonder the family room here is so appealing and psychedelic.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Of course you keep paint in the house. What else are you going to use your personal pressure washer that you bought with your money for yourself on?
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Sandwiches
[Insert In Mouth]

Post by Sandwiches »

ALCOHOL IS A DRUG

and my alcohol is done fermenting in its tub. It's time to get that shit into bottles, and get it out on to the streets where it can really do damage. Maybe a husband will drink it, and start to beat his wife. Maybe a teenage girl will drink it before driving home from a party, killing a small child in the road before crashing into a tree. Maybe two friends will share some bottles before fighting each other and causing critical injuries that waste money in the national health service system and take resources away from cancer patients and people with alzheimer's.

oh god I'm pouring it all away

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

I'm on drugs. Birth prevention drugs.

They do the opposite of alcohol, since they prevent a bloodbath
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

And alcohol is legal. Imagine how dangerous the illegal drugs are. We should clearly ban all the drugs of any sort because they cause people to do horrible things. Thank you for helping me see the light Sandwiches.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I used to play a game. It was called Happy Weed. It was like pacman, but with cops instead of ghosts, and drugs instead of drugs. Each level you got a new type of drug, but all the 'hard' drugs were reserved for the later levels. Drugs like tobacco and alcohol. It amused me greatly.
King Prawn

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

Alright! Maybe eleven drinks in me because*. Let's see how this goes.

Observation one: my short-term memory is shot. The first word that came to mind was "depleted", which doesn't seem quite accurate. That implies that I've exhausted some sort of supply of short-term memory, which I doubt is accurate.

Observation 2: I am obsessed with thought. I cannot stop thinking about thinking. I Skyped a friend and I could not stop talking about Jungian personality type, and how my dominant Introverted Thinking... okay I am feeling seriously ill so I amgoin to the bathoom now

* I reviewed the post halfway through the third sentence. "Maybe eleven drinks in me just because." Doesn't make much sense, does it?
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

Woke up still in my bedroom, throwing up. That's enough alcohol for me. I could only have been out for a few minutes, but whatever the case, I extremely regret drinking so much. I didn't realize because I was drunk, but I had a third a liter of whiskey.

Now, when I said "I thought 'depleted'" in the above post, I meant my short-term memory. Also, I didn't get to Jungian type in that post before I started vomiting, but while I was drunk I couldn't stop thinking about Jungian type. I was talking to a friend on Skype, and I think I did all the talking (rambling, more like), and I was talking about Jungian personality type and eventually about My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic as well, trying to correlate some of the characters' Jungian types with my own. I am INTP, and the only MLP characters I have down are Rarity as ISFJ and Twilight Sparkle as INTJ. (Fluttershy is I_F_, but beyond that I can't say. Rainbow Dash is E type (probably??) and Pinkie Pie is E_FP, I'm still trying to nail those two down (Rainbow Dash is difficult!). Applejack is probably J but I don't understand J so I just have no clue.)

Hah, I could have died from asphyxiation on my own vomit and still I can't stop talking about Jungian type. If that's not introverted thinking and sensation, I don't know what is.

Even if waking up while vomiting was a scary realization of what actually happened, I think was a valuable experience. Don't drink alone. Or at least don't drink >300mL of whiskey (e: if you'e alone).

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

375ml or so of whiskey is usually a pretty normal night when I have no interest in staying sober. If I drink more than that, I'm going to feel pretty awful the next day. I rarely vomit from drinking though. The last time I did so I had over 1.5 liters of whiskey and some other drinks people handed me. That was a very bad night and next morning. I basically got drunk enough at some point that I was no longer aware of how much I was continuing to drink. Not a good thing.

Learning your limits and sticking to them is very important. I can drink more than many people I know, but far less then regular drinkers. When I'm spending a whole shift at the bar with my girlfriend I usually drink a pint of water between each alcoholic drink. It keeps me from drinking too fast and helps prevent a hangover the next day.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

They laughed at me on IRC for getting puke-drunk on 300mL, now I'm feeling like a lightweight. Maybe I'm just inexperienced. Wolfram Alpha assures me the volume is ten shots, and I've had twelve with no problems. Maybe it had to do with my having eaten one meal that day.

Kaharz

Post by Kaharz »

A lot of people consider "one shot" to be a fluid ounce (about 30ml) when making a drink. But if you order a shot at a bar it should be 1.5 ounces or it is a stingy bar, at least in the US. Having not eaten would have a huge impact, so does the amount of time you took to drink the 300ml. I wouldn't call you a lightweight. Getting really drunk and ill when you only had one meal and drank nearly half a bottle of a whiskey is not lightweight. And even if you were, being a lightweight is not a bad thing. It certainly saves you money and probably a good bit of liver damage.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

yeah 11 drinks can be a lot, for a loser lightweight

BUT SERIOUSNESS: puking after 300mL is normal. I've puked on less. There are way more factors involved other than how much you drank. In any case, I'd rather be the guy who drinks a little less and has everything turn out okay (nota bene: I am NOT that guy).

EDIT: I'm more concerned with the fact that you think that Myers-Briggs types are scientifically valid
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

As an INFP, I
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Edminster wrote:As an INFP, I
i'mma let you finish
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

DonRetrasado wrote:EDIT: I'm more concerned with the fact that you think that Myers-Briggs types are scientifically valid
They certainly have no scientific basis and should never be the basis of any actual judgement, but I still think they're interesting to think about regarding the functional breakdown (INTP -> Ti, Ne, Si, Fe). A friend of mine uses it as an excuse to be an asshole though. "I'm an Se, fuckin deal with it" and such.