Help me with GISHWHES

Sorry TigerCrew, but she bribed me better than you did.

Moderators: GreenCrayon, Lethal Interjection, Kimra, Oldrac the Chitinous, Amerika, Cirtur, Kisai, Astrogirl, Kovvy, carbonstealer, Apocalyptus, PyroPrav, Felstaff, smiley_cow, Sahan, Euclidthegreek, Kaharz, Asherian, FengharTheNord

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Help me with GISHWHES

Post by Kimra »

So Gishwhes starts in 2.5hrs and (as per form) I have no idea what I'll be randomly asking people if they can help with. However I know I'm going to be annoying, so I started my own thread.

Keep your eyes on here for me begging as the week progresses. : D
King Prawn

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Re: Help me with GISHWHES

Post by Kimra »

Does anyone live near a Glacier? It seems unlikely.
King Prawn

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Also is Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton in anyones home towns this week?

(you guys aren't going to answer, but I'm going to keep asking)
King Prawn

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

None of the Americans live in any of the early-primary states, so we won't be seeing them anytime soon.

e: I just noticed the hearts in your picture
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Um I'm going to be in New York in a few days, but I don't follow the movements of either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

I don't remember if you've said, but is this your first time visiting the US?

I've never been to NYC outside of the airports.

Kimra, could that latest clue be an anagram of something?

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

How about this? I'm after four digits from the middle of a phone number:

HINT: The color of the missing digits are “new to this earth,” has been a crook and a parson at one time in a game, and is pregnant with hsurPhosop.
King Prawn

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

Kimra wrote:How about this? I'm after four digits from the middle of a phone number:

HINT: The color of the missing digits are “new to this earth,” has been a crook and a parson at one time in a game, and is pregnant with hsurPhosop.
"Crook and a parson" sounds like Clue (the board game) and could refer to the Reverend Mr. Green. "New to this earth" sounds like indigo, one of the rarest and last dyes to be synthesized. I have no idea what these have to do with numbers.

EDIT: Also, hsurPhosop is an anagram of Phosphorus, which is often known by its colour, for instance, white (or yellow), red, violet or black
EDIT 2: could be "red phosphorus" as that is the amorphous allotrope of phosphorus, and does not have a repetitive crystalline structure (and hence, is out of order)
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

Liriodendron_fagotti wrote:I don't remember if you've said, but is this your first time visiting the US?

Sure is! I'm very excited.
I'm going to be visiting my brother in NY and then Epoch's brother and his wife in Portland, Oregon, and then a quick two nights in San Francisco to see my Mum's cousin, his wife and daughter.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Apocalyptus wrote:
Liriodendron_fagotti wrote:I don't remember if you've said, but is this your first time visiting the US?

I'm going to be visiting my brother in NY and then Epoch's brother and his wife in Portland, Oregon, and then a quick two nights in San Francisco to see my Mum's cousin, his wife and daughter.
Are you driving places or flying?
King Prawn

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

Kimra wrote:
Apocalyptus wrote:

Are you driving places or flying?
Oh I'm flying, none of those places is near each other.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Guessing the atomic number of phosphorous would be too simplistic. Or its date of discovery.

I've only been to San Fransisco out of all of those. I recommend the original Ghirardelli Chocolate Factory. There's an amazing chocolate shoppe there where you get to see the chocolate being made, buy every chocolate product they make, and they've got these over-the-top ice cream sundae-things. Delicious. A lot of American chocolatiers use the Hershey process that gives its chocolate the vomit taste that Americans love and non-Americans hate.* No idea if Ghirardelli is one of those or not.

Ride a trolly. Go to the super wiggly road up/down the steep hill. Alcatraz? Do acid. Don't forget to tip.**

*Cadbury is way too sweet for me. I think I tried chocolate all of twice when I was in Australia.
**You honestly might get poor service at some places used to foreigners (esp. Australians) not tipping. I dunno if this is something you've read about on travel blogs/news sites or not.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

DonRetrasado wrote:
Kimra wrote:How about this? I'm after four digits from the middle of a phone number:

"Crook and a parson" sounds like Clue (the board game) and could refer to the Reverend Mr. Green. "New to this earth" sounds like indigo, one of the rarest and last dyes to be synthesized. I have no idea what these have to do with numbers.

EDIT: Also, hsurPhosop is an anagram of Phosphorus, which is often known by its colour, for instance, white (or yellow), red, violet or black
EDIT 2: could be "red phosphorus" as that is the amorphous allotrope of phosphorus, and does not have a repetitive crystalline structure (and hence, is out of order)
The problem is I need exactly four numbers. So so far I'm at a loss.
King Prawn

Apocalyptus

Post by Apocalyptus »

Liriodendron_fagotti wrote:Don't forget to tip.**

*Cadbury is way too sweet for me. I think I tried chocolate all of twice when I was in Australia.
**You honestly might get poor service at some places used to foreigners (esp. Australians) not tipping. I dunno if this is something you've read about on travel blogs/news sites or not.
Yes I am very aware of the whole necessary tipping thing in America, so I have a tipping calculator app on my phone and will try to not be a shit person with regards to that. I'm still going to find it confusing though...

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I still need someone to run into Hilary Clinton or Donald Trump. Anyone know any family who is near said people? (It's worth heaps of points so I'm asking again.)

The task is to get a photo with one of them, with them putting their thumb up, and you putting your thumb down.
King Prawn