The Fate of Newspapers

Some of the News, every Once in a While

Moderator: GreenCrayon

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: The Fate of Newspapers

Post by mountainmage »

I think rule 1 applies mainly to cursing at people, rather than using the words themselves. But regardless, please use ethnic slurs sparingly, or better yet, not at all.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Hmm, I was hoping that it would pass because I'm not intending to be offensive. What a shame. Moreover I just think "no one gets offended when I say that word in real life..." Maybe I'm hanging out with the wrong crowd, again, for the past several years or so...

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

So far you've got both Mods saying that the way you used it was okay.

Besides, the MPAA's quick definition of PG-13 does not include rulings on ethnic slurs.
MPAA wrote:A PG-13 rating is a sterner warning by the Rating Board to parents to determine whether their children under age 13 should view the motion picture, as some material might not be suited for them. A PG-13 motion picture may go beyond the PG rating in theme, violence, nudity, sensuality, language, adult activities or other elements, but does not reach the restricted R category. The theme of the motion picture by itself will not result in a rating greater than PG-13, although depictions of activities related to a mature theme may result in a restricted rating for the motion picture. Any drug use will initially require at least a PG-13 rating. More than brief nudity will require at least a PG-13 rating, but such nudity in a PG-13 rated motion picture generally will not be sexually oriented. There may be depictions of violence in a PG-13 movie, but generally not both realistic and extreme or persistent violence. A motion picture’s single use of one of the harsher sexually-derived words, though only as an expletive, initially requires at least a PG-13 rating. More than one such expletive requires an R rating, as must even one of those words used in a sexual context. The Rating Board nevertheless may rate such a motion picture PG-13 if, based on a special vote by a two-thirds majority, the Raters feel that most American parents would believe that a PG-13 rating is appropriate because of the context or manner in which the words are used or because the use of those words in the motion picture is inconspicuous.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

All right, cool, but at least this is a pre-emptive warning that I can't go around shouting it.

Not that I would or anything. Really.