This week in Australia

Some of the News, every Once in a While

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Re: This week in Australia

Post by Kimra »

Theres a thing? and a reaction to it? Go figure.
King Prawn

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

Haven't seen the reactions, but apparently some protesters are being pushed out and arrested by mounted police, eh?
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Felstaff
XKCD spy

Post by Felstaff »

GUTCHUCKER wrote:arrested by mounted police
Canadians have invaded Australia??
GUTCHUCKER wrote:, eh?
THIS CONFIRMS IT.
255 characters of free advertising space? I'm selling these line feather jackets...

zomgmouse
ss No More!

Post by zomgmouse »

They sent in police to do things and stuff about them. I don't know much else. But they had tents in City Square. Also this whole protesting thing meant that the trams were not operational for a certain portion of one of the main roads causing annoyance.
From what I've heard, though, it's less of a protest and more of an excuse to hang out.
Better chocolate than choconever.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

And get arrested.
By horses.
And Canadians.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

Jiro
Carbon copy

Post by Jiro »

I haven't heard anything reported but then again I don't really pay attention to the news. I'm going to make a fantastic journalist one day.

It is something I wouldn't mind doing though. Let's just cruise down to Queen Street mall and camp out for a week, it'll be wicked fun. I'm sure I'd have reason enough to protest but it's all a bit too much like hard work to me, so I'm happy letting everyone else protest while I fry up some bacon and eggs and play hackysack or something.

sotic
[Insert Here]

Post by sotic »

Someone I know wants to start an "Occupy [my hometown]" thing. In this nice Wisconsin city where the corporations aren't evil and the banks are responsible.
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

Eisbreaker
He Who Must Not Be d

Post by Eisbreaker »

Protesters! Pay attention: Protesting is like using the word "Epic"! If you do it too much it loses its impact.

What I'm saying is, with all these protests going on all around the world in the past year, no one takes protests seriously anymore (well it's part of the reason).
Don't drink and drive, take LSD and Teleport.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Jiro wrote:Let's just cruise down to Queen Street mall and camp out for a week, it'll be wicked fun. I'm sure I'd have reason enough to protest but it's all a bit too much like hard work to me, so I'm happy letting everyone else protest while I fry up some bacon and eggs and play hackysack or something.
I bet there's a mac store somewhere around there. Just wait for their next release and you can join the ranks and pretend your trendy an scary crazy all at once.
King Prawn

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

sotic wrote:Someone I know wants to start an "Occupy [my hometown]" thing. In this nice Wisconsin city where the women are strong, the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average.
Get your quotations right, people!
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

carbonstealer
Australia Apologist

Post by carbonstealer »

At least in Queen Street you wouldn't be causing a nuisance because nobody can drive there anyway. Having public transport disrupted in Melbourne is hella annoying, and apparently for a completely pointless reason since I haven't heard a squeak about it
Apocalyptus wrote: Nothing can beat the image of mouth muffling breast implants.

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

Oh those crazy australians! note: this post could appear at any point in this thread.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

sotic wrote:Someone I know wants to start an "Occupy [my hometown]" thing. In this nice Wisconsin city where the corporations aren't evil and the banks are responsible.
Is this an actual possible thing?
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

smiley_cow wrote:
sotic wrote:Someone I know wants to start an "Occupy [my hometown]" thing. In this nice Wisconsin city where the corporations aren't evil and the banks are responsible.
Is this an actual possible thing?
And can I join?

zomgmouse
ss No More!

Post by zomgmouse »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:
sotic wrote:Someone I know wants to start an "Occupy [my hometown]" thing. In this nice Wisconsin city where men are real men, women are real women and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri are real small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri.
Get your quotations right, people!
Fix'd.
Better chocolate than choconever.