I read the news today, oh boy

Some of the News, every Once in a While

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Post Reply
User avatar
mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains
Posts: 9601
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 11:42 am
Location: Right here. Right now.

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by mountainmage »

Here's a question, why go out for a burger if you're going to eat turkey or tofu or whatever the hell are in veggie burgers?

Five Guys isn't about silly "exotic" variations. It's about making damn good burgers and damn good fries.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

User avatar
Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS
Posts: 8835
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:53 pm
Location: Internet
Contact:

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by Edminster »

Finally, something Mage and I can agree on.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

User avatar
Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea
Posts: 3477
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:41 pm
Location: The Perfect Stillness of the Deep
Contact:

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Because they're tasty sandwiches?
Because sometimes it's nice to eat with other people -- people who sometimes eat burgers?
Because who died and made you the Burger King?
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

User avatar
mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains
Posts: 9601
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 11:42 am
Location: Right here. Right now.

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by mountainmage »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:Because they're tasty sandwiches?
Because sometimes it's nice to eat with other people -- people who sometimes eat burgers?
Because who died and made you the Burger King?
If you say so.
Putting something between two buns doesn't make it a burger. I'm happy to go out for a burger with friends though.
I'm not the burger king, I'm just saying variation can't top something done right and done well.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

User avatar
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt
Posts: 6853
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:18 am
Location: meanwhile elsewhere

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by Kimra »

Apocolyptus, that burger... it doesn't look tasty.

Unlike this one which looks three kinds of tasty:
Image
King Prawn

User avatar
Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS
Posts: 8835
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:53 pm
Location: Internet
Contact:

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by Edminster »

Yes, because when I think tasty, I think deception most foul.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

User avatar
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt
Posts: 6853
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:18 am
Location: meanwhile elsewhere

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by Kimra »

Good. I'm glad we agree.
King Prawn

User avatar
mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains
Posts: 9601
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 11:42 am
Location: Right here. Right now.

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by mountainmage »

For the record, the burger does look kinda gross. The fries look good though. Also, did they run out of bottom buns or something?
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

User avatar
Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting
Posts: 5283
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by Apocalyptus »

Hmm well the actual burgers usually look better than that, that's just what I could find with an image search. Next time I go there , I'll do a proper photo shoot and everything. But yeah, the chips are just perfect, and they have three dipping sauces you can choose from : herbed mayo, chili mayo or tomato sauce (proper home style tomato sauce).

EDIT: can you tell that I'm hungry?
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

User avatar
LordRetard
The Most Retardedest
Posts: 9973
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:44 pm
Location: My Parents' Basement

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by LordRetard »

I had meatloaf covered with bacon today.

All yous guys are jealous.

User avatar
mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains
Posts: 9601
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 11:42 am
Location: Right here. Right now.

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by mountainmage »

My philosophy is: a naked fry is a happy fry. No need to ruin the flavor with sauces. I'll admit it's a little radical, but I'm gettin' by just fine.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

User avatar
Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting
Posts: 5283
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by Apocalyptus »

Image

I don't know, those chips are good by themselves, but the mayo sauces just add extra awesome.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

User avatar
mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains
Posts: 9601
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 11:42 am
Location: Right here. Right now.

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by mountainmage »

I'm gonna be a little presumptuous, but by the looks of it, Five Guys fries are better. Burger too.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

User avatar
LordRetard
The Most Retardedest
Posts: 9973
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:44 pm
Location: My Parents' Basement

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by LordRetard »

mountainmage wrote:My philosophy is: a naked fry is a happy fry. No need to ruin the flavor with sauces. I'll admit it's a little radical, but I'm gettin' by just fine.
Unless it tastes like shit, in which case smear it on.
mountainmage wrote:I'm gonna be a little presumptuous, but by the looks of it, Five Guys fries are better. Burger too.
That is a little presumptuous. You've never even been there! I don't have any of these wacky chains where I come from. Most of the best food I've had is from home.

User avatar
mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains
Posts: 9601
Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 11:42 am
Location: Right here. Right now.

Re: I read the news today, oh boy

Post by mountainmage »

I'm going by looks. The fries don't look crispy or golden-brown, and the burger looks like a 1/4 pound piece of meat placed between two giant buns and tons of toppings.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Post Reply