Gays have literally destroyed the institution of marriage.

Some of the News, every Once in a While

Moderator: GreenCrayon

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: Gays have literally destroyed the institution of marriage.

Post by mountainmage »

This is so stupid. I was just saying that I don't think "For many Americans you could commit genocide in Iraq and it wouldn't even touch their minds" is true at all.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

mountainmage wrote:This is so stupid. I was just saying that I don't think "For many Americans you could commit genocide in Iraq and it wouldn't even touch their minds" is true at all.
Great, and I think the moon is made of cheese.

HOW'S THAT FOR STUPID

EDIT: Okay the point was that I thought that eventually you'd get that you'd have to defend your remarks but whatever. But there are genocides going on right now that don't make a mark in people's lives. They're starving the Gaza Strip right now and it's not even in the news anymore. How does that make you feel?

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Pissed, but not as pissed as feminism.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

If I could do anything to help, I would, but I and my family are barely supporting ourselves as it is. If the media doesn't cover it, there's nothing I can do about that either.

But if AMERICA was the one propagating the genocide, I think the majority of Americans would definitely care and want to do something.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

mountainmage wrote:If I could do anything to help, I would, but I and my family are barely supporting ourselves as it is. If the media doesn't cover it, there's nothing I can do about that either.
Exactly what I said. The media doesn't talk about it, and people are more concerned about money. You have your own priorities. I'm not judging you in the least. My original point was that people would be more concerned if a war was costing them so much money, and less concerned about what the war actually means.
mountainmage wrote:But if AMERICA was the one propagating the genocide, I think the majority of Americans would definitely care and want to do something.
Sixty years ago Americans bombed the fuck out of Japan and rounded up all of their Japanese Americans into camps. Today they're shooting up civilians in the middle east for sport. Of course people are outraged but that's definitely the easiest part.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Right, even if people couldn't do anything about it, I still think they would be outraged. I'm sure you know just how hard it is to make a significant change in the world.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

mountainmage wrote:Right, even if people couldn't do anything about it, I still think they would be outraged. I'm sure you know just how hard it is to make a significant change in the world.
A thought does occur, though; these wars were popular when they first started. A lot more people supported the Iraq war before you started losing and losing money.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I don't doubt it. A lot of gullible people jumped on the bandwagon.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Are they gullible? Or do they just want what's best for them and their families?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I don't know that going to war is the best for you and your family.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Well wasn't the war supposed to secretly be about oil? That should have been good for the economy. Or, their beliefs may be groundless; in which case, yes, they are gullible, but first and foremost they are concerned about their own lives.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Who would gain control of the oil? It's not like it would actually help America.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

The oil thing is a rumor that was never proven, although I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say it's plausible. But I don't think that's why people originally supported it.

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Post by LordRetard »

Oh yeah I always thought it was ridiculous, but everyone around me seemed to believe it. So why do you think that they supported the war? No one was into it around here so I legitimately don't really know.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

They thought that Iraq had WMD's, and people felt that (they believed Iraq was connected to 9/11 at the time, and by they I mean our wrongly informed intelligence agencies) there was nothing stopping them from using 'em on us.