Good Comics

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: Good Comics

Post by mountainmage »

Addendum: I forgot to post this when I got it, but I sent a thank you email to Chris and he responded to me.
Chris Hastings wrote:Yours was my favorite one to do! Everyone else got head shots, but I decided to have some fun with yours, given the inscription. I'm glad you enjoy the books!

Thanks,
Chris
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Lucky. Now your life has some validation.
I wrote to the author of twokinds, telling him that his comic is the only comic that handles sexual frustration that wasn't utter crap. He wrote back, saying thank you.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I didn't think it was possible for a webcomic to have a star-studded lineup, but I came across Dreamless and I'd say it comes pretty close. It's written by Bobby Crosby (author of Last Blood) and illustrated by Sarah Ellerton (Inverloch and The Phoenix Requiem) so if their previous work is anything to go by, their collaboration should be awesome. It's only two pages in, but I think I'm about to be hooked already.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Sahan wrote:I didn't think it was possible for a webcomic to have a star-studded lineup
except for Captain Excelsior you mean of course!

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

So what, like, a C cup?

Did you try sexual harrassment?

Don't worry about it. They're almost out (of hostages) anyways.

Captain excelsior rocked in so many ways.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Yeah, I take back what I typed. Captain Excelsior and Dreamless.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Mephisto needs his own spin-off. I loved that guy.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Can we just call machinima comics?

If so, Freeman's Mind is a pretty great machinima. If you've played Half Life, I strongly recommend it, even if you haven't, check it out. As of now, there are seven episodes and he hopes to get through the entire series by some point.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I just started and finished reading Sorethumbs. I have to say, for a comic strip that isn't written by any muslims, they sure do insult muslims alot.

When I do it, I'm being ironic. I'm highlighting the faults of a hypocritical society that discriminates against me wrongly. But hearing someone that isn't muslim use the termlike that sets off anger sensors of my brain. If it weren't so fricken hilarious, I'd be upset.

I didn't like harmony getting the boobjob, or becoming lesbian. The joke where the guy tells her to get the implants, then in the next one she walks in with them was on par funny, but it was dragged out too long. It should have been noncanonical. And tying parker into the comic was funny, even though harmony's actor during the 100'th comic revealed she had the name parker in her real actor's name, and having harmon say she was lesbian was a hilarious course of action for her to take. The character had been established as being strange, thanks to the incredible story writing and witty jokes. But then for her to go and use that black woman, then get raped? Then try to get in Cec's pants, and most recently just abandoning it to get back to the status quo? I'm not too razy about that, personally.

Asherian
Token Erisian

Post by Asherian »

The muslim jokes were more a comment on the political atmosphere at the time and meant to be over the top/racist flamboyancy. I mean remember the character thats spewing all that tripe and its supposed to be a caricature of all things horribly over done right wing christian.

That being said I couldn't get to into Sore Thumbs.. just didn't hold my interest. I like some of the writer/artist other stuff though.
As pure as the driven snow. Bitches

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Well I just finished reading the entire Problem Sleuth story up til now on Ms Paint Adventures. All 1682 "pages" of it. The funny fan-submitted commands coupled with the accompanying hilarious, sometimes animated, images makes for a truly funny comic. For some reason the images weren't appearing so I had to access their index and download all of the images (thank god for Orbit). Let's just say it was hours and hours well spent (compared to what I could have been doing, i.e. nothing).

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I was going through that, then it deleted my saved progress for some reason, so I stopped. I had gone too far.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Or, you cleared your cookies.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I'm going to continue on the assumption it was no fault of mine.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Spoken like a true American!