Good Comics

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Frostbite
I dunno.

Re: Good Comics

Post by Frostbite »

Woo! America! Football! Apple pie! Steroids!
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Aren't you American, Ahmet?

Also, you forgot to add "copious amounts of" in front of apple pie, and "and other fatty foods" after it.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Checking facts? Using adjectives that aren't profanities? You AREN'T American, are you?

Yeah, I'm American born and technically raised. I don't really feel like I am part of this generation. I just typed up a bunch of my personal reasons why I don't feel it, but I know better than to open myself up to criticism here. Silly me. Anyways, when your generation in your country spawns a new wave of hatred against you, you can't really say you're one of them, can you? This timeline will be remembered as when the stupid americans screwed up their economy and operated under false pretenses while shunning the world. I was not one of them, at any point in time. I don't care about the idiots that think they're guiltless because they voted for kerry or obama. 4 years was too long of a wait to change sides.

I'm not saying I want subsidies for my suffering, all I want is for people to be less stupid. It's a vain wish, but if no one tries, nothing will happen.
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

No, I am American, just one of those idiots who voted for Obama (too young to vote for kerry).
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Honestly, alot of people were idiots. Not everyone who voted for kerry was an idot, like I said, you had to try. thousands of iraqi soldiers under the government reformed with america's gun pointed at their hands died before America lost 100 troops, not to mention the figures of civilians caught up in the whole thing. Now that the war is unpopular we prosecute those that plant false detonators, but I doubt anyone would report these things back then, and the communcations were injured because of the chaos.

ALSO! The sitemap works on MS Paint Adventures. Instead of going through the archives, just to the relative point in the story that you were in and then hop around.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Far out, I thought that MS paint story was finished already, thanks for wasting my time with a story so complex I can't even remember half of it and hasn't even been completed yet! Also, I am not American and my family are pretty anti-American, though I personally tend to avoid hating things with relentless fury (my exception would be creationists).

I'd talk about your countries political ignorance in letting Bush become president for so long when he shouldn't have even been in there, but then John Howard's run here would make that statement hypocritical. Have you Canadians gotten rid of that stooge yet too?
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

AHMETxRock wrote:I don't really feel like I am part of this generation.
[rant]
Generation is a useless term (in the sociology sense, that is). Sad, really, because "generation" is a way of linking to the past. But that isn't really a part of society anymore, is it? What is a new term that would link us to the future? Because that is probably more appropriate.
The world changes too quickly to have the term "generation" have any real meaning. My family was always tech-savvy, so we had computers and such fairly early (my uncle worked for Microsoft in the 80s, so that definitely helped). But people born merely 10 years (1992) later probably never knew a world without computers and barely had any recognition of a world before internet (and the internet is a HUGE change for society). 15 years, and they were pretty much born with a web-capable cellphone in their hand. Exaggeration? Maybe. But the fact is that technology has changed in such fundamental ways that there is so little in common between someone born in the mid 80s and the mid 90s.
"Generation" has always had a "zeitgeist" connotation to it, and frankly, the standard 25 year span doesn't really fit. Luckily wikipedia cites a book that is suggesting that sociological generations are shortening (all the while, biological generations are lengthening). I've had this issue for some years now, and I tend to still be somewhat surprised how many people still follow the standard form.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I noticed in school that the difference in attitudes from people in our year (born 1991) and those a few years below us was mind-boggling and distinct, I'm convinced that there is a generational gap right there. Also, Lethal, your description of my exposure to technology as a 90's kid is pretty accurate.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I first used a computer in kindergarten, so yeah.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

we had an apple II+ in preschool. that thing was a marvel of awesomeness. also, lousy young'uns and their techno savvy ways. Why when i was a kid and we wanted to hang out with our friends we had to call them on the phone and hope they were home!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Sahan wrote:I noticed in school that the difference in attitudes from people in our year (born 1991) and those a few years below us was mind-boggling and distinct, I'm convinced that there is a generational gap right there. Also, Lethal, your description of my exposure to technology as a 90's kid is pretty accurate.
I'm glad. I have no desire to be the crotchety "kids these days" guy, but sometimes that is the way that I feel when giving this rant. My intent is not to do anything but expose the major differences. I don't think there has ever been a time where in 10 years things have changed so much.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

ruotwocone wrote:we had an apple II+ in preschool. that thing was a marvel of awesomeness. also, lousy young'uns and their techno savvy ways. Why when i was a kid and we wanted to hang out with our friends we had to call them on the phone and hope they were home!
That's what I did as well, and 'tweren't no cell phone, neither! It was a HOUSE phone!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

mountainmage wrote:
ruotwocone wrote:we had an apple II+ in preschool. that thing was a marvel of awesomeness. also, lousy young'uns and their techno savvy ways. Why when i was a kid and we wanted to hang out with our friends we had to call them on the phone and hope they were home!
That's what I did as well, and 'tweren't no cell phone, neither! It was a HOUSE phone!
Usually we set up stuff at school. Using the phone was allowed, but it wasn't something us kids did all that often, at least among my friends. Hanging out was usually a non-spontaneous situation.
And then in high-school, when the phone was a little more of a necessity, you had to hope that your friend's family wasn't on the internet. Because second lines were for the priveleged, and voice-mail even more so.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

I'm not a huge phone user. It's too impersonal. I'd rather be by you, letting you soak up my awesomeness. If I keep all of it inside me, I burst.
The blue balls of awesomeness, that I am!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Me neither, really.
I mean, I finally got a cell phone this past November. I think I was the last person I know to get one, and even then, I only got one because the place I moved to didn't have phone hook-up and my roomate had a cell and had no intention to get a home phone.