Mr Irwin, I salute you.

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Simon.
Simon.

Mr Irwin, I salute you.

Post by Simon. »

You might not have heard the news.

What can I say? He was in icon of Australia, and a damn nice guy. Sure, I never watched his shows, and he was a bit of a cock. Plus he made sure everyone thought of Australians as people who say "Crikey koala wallabee" (Case in point) all the time. But I didn't mind. It gives us something at least. We have stupid sayings and crocodile wrestling. The English have tea, crumpets, and whining. And the Americans have stupidity and ignorance. It's the stereotypes that keep us going. Now we lost one.

To be honest, it was bound to happen. I mean, the guy was a lunatic. But he was our lunatic. And I respected him for that.

Rest in peace Steve Irwin.
Last edited by Simon. on Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not a big fan of signatures.

BK King

Post by BK King »

God, you too? Just saw this on another forum. It was more like "Nature:1, Irwin:0".

And may mercy be on his soul if he dies and has to wrestle crocks the entire time in hell.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Just edited that first link to a better page. And yeah! Me too! I'm freaking Australian, and we care about these things. One of our icons just died! Crikey!

ZachWeiner
Iron Chef Texas

Post by ZachWeiner »

Shit. That's actually pretty depressing. He had a wife and kids.

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

His wife was out in Tasmania, so it was on the news before she'd even heard about it. Isn't she currently pregnant?

It's saddening. I liked his enthusiasm, and his ability to be entertaining. More so than Trevor McDonald.
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

on the bright side... um... you still got Paul Hogan, Russell Crowe, Heath Ledger, Mel Gibson, Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana, and uh... Silverchair. A solid 3 of those are awesome.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I have mixed feelings of "wow, thats sad" and "you dumbass, you have a wife and kids, why were you doing all that crazy shit in the first place."

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

ruotwocone wrote:on the bright side... um... you still got Paul Hogan, Russell Crowe, Heath Ledger, Mel Gibson (=NEGATIVE), Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana, and uh... Silverchair. A solid 3 of those are awesome.
Nooo. I mean, Paul Hogan is a given, but Russel Crowe is about as Australian as Captain America. For starters he was actually born in NZ. So he wasn't even Aussie by birth. Heath Ledger... I didn't even know he was suppose to be Aussie, is he really? If so, I denounce his claim. Mel gibson is a cock, and my view of Heath Ledger also applies to him. Hugh Jackman I would call Australian. He still does broadway tours and things over here. And is actually Australian in spirit, I mean look at him! Silverchair are nothing special anyway. And The Hulk was shit, and Bana is a crap actor.

epoch
lovably determined to find intertube acc

Post by epoch »

Simon. wrote:
ruotwocone wrote:on the bright side... um... you still got Paul Hogan, Russell Crowe, Heath Ledger, Mel Gibson (=NEGATIVE), Hugh Jackman, Eric Bana, and uh... Silverchair. A solid 3 of those are awesome.
Nooo. I mean, Paul Hogan is a given, but Russel Crowe is about as Australian as Captain America. For starters he was actually born in NZ. So he wasn't even Aussie by birth. Heath Ledger... I didn't even know he was suppose to be Aussie, is he really? If so, I denounce his claim. Mel gibson is a cock, and my view of Heath Ledger also applies to him. Hugh Jackman I would call Australian. He still does broadway tours and things over here. And is actually Australian in spirit, I mean look at him! Silverchair are nothing special anyway. And The Hulk was shit, and Bana is a crap actor.

well, there is also Yahoo Serious to contend with.
Fluid Philanderer.
Crusty wrote:Sig'ed

your_face
could_shatter_a_mirror!

Post by your_face »

Steve Irwin walks into a pub.

Landlord says "get out, you're barbed".

snare snare cymbal
no u

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Well... with my mention of 3 of those being awesome I was referring to Paul Hogan, Hugh Jackman and Eric Bana. Also, when the next batman comes out and Heath Ledger kicks ass as the Joker, I anticipate all of our minds will be changed about him.

Also, Eric Bana is freaking awesome. Sure Hulk sucked, but that was to be expected. And Troy wasn't a great movie, but Eric Bana ruled in it. Also he was phenomenal in Munich, Black Hawk Down, and his bit part in Finding Nemo so you shut your filthy criminal mouth.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Simon. wrote:Silverchair are nothing special anyway.
I'll disagree with you there. I own their first three albums and quite like them. And that they were able to accomplish all that while being so damned young... even better.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

its not as sad that he did die, as it is sad HOW he died. i think they should've kept that hush-hush, and tossed him in a pit of aligators with lasers on their heads and said that was how he died.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

I'm really sad to see Steve go. He did a lot to further animal preservation causes world-wide and was a hell of a showman. I'll always remember him as the guy who would pick up snakes by the tail because it was nicer on the snake than grabbing them by the neck like the other animal show hosts do.
Lethal Interjection wrote:
Simon. wrote:Silverchair are nothing special anyway.
I'll disagree with you there. I own their first three albums and quite like them.
I like Silverchair too. They're much better than other famous Aussie rock bands. Also you forgot Estelle Asmodelle

Additionally, I too like Bana's acting.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

BK King

Post by BK King »

your_face wrote:snare snare cymbal

You mean a rimshot?
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.