Hangover cure

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Snakesonaplane

Hangover cure

Post by Snakesonaplane »

Its late. I'm meant to be writing an essay. I'm the king of procrastination. All time.
Anyway, thought I'd share this. The best hangover cure in the world.
Ever.....tribute

<Human>: This looks like a job for the Human Lemming. (Jumps
off the roof and lands with giant thud.) Ok spine, work with me.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I'd try it.
Not as good as my pizza though. Its award-winning (a pizza competition at my university).
My recipe...
Get some dough. You can make it yourself or buy it (the stuff that hasn't been baked yet, it has to still be dough). I prefer buying it because making it takes a long time. Especially for how much pizza I make when I make it.
Take the dough and roll it out into a cookie sheet. Make sure you grease up the pan first. Take a can of sauce, add some basil, oregano, garlic powder, a bit of pepper, and a bit of Nackle. Let it sit in the can while you precook the meat.
Fry up some chopped up bacon. Make sure you add pepper as you fry it. Pepper and bacon mix real nice.
Empty most of the grease leaving a little bit for frying up the chicken. Make sure you add spices to the chicken as you fry it (I would suggest much of what was added to the sauce).
If you want some hamburger go ahead and fry that up too.
Now put the sauce on the pizza, and sprinkle a little bit of cheese. Then layer on the toppings, putting cheese on top of it all. On top of the cheese add a little sprinkling of basil, oregano, garlic powder.

Now I haven't really said much about the toppings. Mainly because they vary depending on what I can get or what I prefer.
The toppings I have used...
Mushrooms
Tomato
Chicken
Bacon
Ham (precooked stuff from the deli, sometimes left out due to expense)
Sausage (precooked also, generally)
Pepperoni
Hamburger (I don't care for this, it makes the pizza too greasy)
Sun-dried Tomatoes (only if they are available and relatively cheap)
Green Pepper (I very rarely do this, I don't like it much on pizza)

Anyways, I usually make two of these. I put them in the oven for a while (I don't know the time, the crust is usually the indicator of readiness, as everything else is fine to eat raw). They end up being too thick to eat like a pizza, so a knife and fork are necessary. I would say it ends up being at least 2 inches thick. One pizza (the size of a cookie sheet) can generally feed about 6-8 very hungry guys, so one pizza stays in the fridge as leftovers. It works well as leftovers too because the crust isn't so much to hold the pizza together (the problem with regular pizza reheated is that the crust is no longer crispy, with this pizza the crust when fresh doesn't even support the pizza).
I love making this pizza, but it is really expensive. I generally only made it when I was on the food plan at my university, when we had enough credit at the school food store to spare making it.

Snakesonaplane

Post by Snakesonaplane »

Ok you win for making an actual pizza*, which by the way sounds frickin sweet. I would be very interested in seeing a picture of this. Or alternatively if your camera can't zoom out far enough to capture the whole thing in the frame maybe just one of the tastier-looking subdivisions.
But oh god. 5 (possibly 6) different types of meat? This is truly a feast for the gods. I once had a burger from a truck stop in this little back country town that had 5 meats in it. As big as my head I swear.

That was 3 years ago

I've never forgotten

* By actual what I mean is that yours doesn't have whole cheeseburgers on it
<Human>: This looks like a job for the Human Lemming. (Jumps
off the roof and lands with giant thud.) Ok spine, work with me.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I would love to capture the process on camera, though I haven't yet.
Perhaps I will try to remember to do that next time.
Luckily I have friends who are still on campus and are willing to allow us to come over and make the pizza on their food budget. So all it costs me is my expertise.
The "us" is me and my roomate. Earlier in university we both made it, but his schedule got busier, and I ended up taking on the brunt of the work (though, I usually made him or someone else shred cheese, I don't mind chopping and frying and all, but shredding that much cheese is tedious at best).
So basically the fundamentals came with us making it, and I added some touches that made it kind of my own recipe, though I don't even remember what was there earlier, and what I added.
So yeah, a piece about the size of a CD case is a very filling meal.