Talk about your Avatars

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Postby Simon. » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:02 pm

GreenCrayon wrote:he doesn't usually date primates.


Ugh, so that's why he broke up with me, what a tramp. No wonder he never calls anymore.
Not a big fan of signatures.
User avatar
Simon.
Simon.
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:58 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Postby tucker » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:05 pm

GreenCrayon wrote: he doesn't usually date primates.


what about 45 year old virgins that still live with their parents and are currently attending the star trek convention
huh?
User avatar
tucker
Master of the single Entendre
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:12 pm
Location: Trapped inside the forum for all eternity

Postby GreenCrayon » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:12 pm

tucker wrote:what about 45 year old virgins that still live with their parents and are currently attending the star trek convention


Most Trekkies/Trekkers are primates, so no.
Pirate.
User avatar
GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:16 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby ruotwocone » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:17 pm

alright, i'll go with the less graphic tux avatar for a while.
User avatar
ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:58 pm
Location: true... wait, false!

Postby tucker » Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:19 pm

GreenCrayon wrote:Most Trekkies/Trekkers are primates, so no.


good point... just pretend that i didn't say anything... that's what i do when mom is beating without mercy because i said a bad word...

NO MOMMY NOOOO!!!
huh?
User avatar
tucker
Master of the single Entendre
 
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:12 pm
Location: Trapped inside the forum for all eternity

Postby hawhaw1267 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:02 pm

Hey, guys...I need help here. Help me come up with a good title for myself. Something that is funny and doesn't insult myself... *Cry cry cry*
User avatar
hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:00 pm
Location: Tucker's fat mom

Postby we_are_138 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:22 pm

hawhaw1267 wrote:Hey, guys...I need help here. Help me come up with a good title for myself. Something that is funny and doesn't insult myself... *Cry cry cry*


How about "silentium est aurum" lol I kill myself....
Why for you and tucker I picked latin I have no Idea it just seemed to fit.
"Is the multitude of laughters mine alone?"
User avatar
we_are_138
Moderator
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:48 am
Location: Location, Location.

Postby GreenCrayon » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:20 pm

we_are_138 wrote:How about "silentium est aurum" lol I kill myself....


Nice. :D Although, "panem et circenses", "pons asinorum" and "quo usque tandem" wouldn't be bad, either.
Pirate.
User avatar
GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:16 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby hawhaw1267 » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:22 pm

Too bad I have no idea what they mean...and don't really care because I hate Latish people!
User avatar
hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:00 pm
Location: Tucker's fat mom

Postby ruotwocone » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:36 pm

that's true... who uses latish anyways? the pope?... jesus? pompus bastards that make us google sayings to waste our time figuring out what they mean? Sorry, that's mean, i shouldn't have gone there. I'm sure jesus never used latish.
User avatar
ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite
 
Posts: 1929
Joined: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:58 pm
Location: true... wait, false!

Postby GreenCrayon » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:39 pm

hawhaw1267 wrote:...and don't really care because I hate Latish people!


None of them meant very nice things. But to make up for it, here's one for you with translation.

"Mihi irruma et te pedicabo".

Means...

"My intellect is the pinnacle".

So, it's a Latin boast of cleverness. You should totally make this your title.
Pirate.
User avatar
GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:16 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby we_are_138 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:07 am

GreenCrayon wrote:
we_are_138 wrote:How about "silentium est aurum" lol I kill myself....


Nice. :D Although, "panem et circenses", "pons asinorum" and "quo usque tandem" wouldn't be bad, either.


Lol "quo usque tandem abutere hawhaw patientia nostra "

"pons asinorum" lol thats the first time ive heard that. every step would be goo filled* A good one would be "lapsus memoriae"

*I know its not literal but still.
"Is the multitude of laughters mine alone?"
User avatar
we_are_138
Moderator
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:48 am
Location: Location, Location.

Postby Simon. » Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:10 am

So, I went and found a crappy translator through google, to see if it could help me with any of those titles. And of course it provided me with a good laugh. Partly because of what they came out as, and partly because of what I thought they were actually meant to say. Shall I elaborate? Of course.

quo usque tandem abutere hawhaw patientia nostra = from all the way at length to use abusive language hawhaw patience our (uuh?)

silentium est aurum = Silence is gold (I think it got this one right.)

panem et circenses = panem and circenses (Mmm, thanks for that one, I really needed a translator there.)

pons asinorum = bridge asinorum (Ooh, a bridge.)

quo usque tandem = from all the way at length (that's a long way!)

apsus memoriae = apsus memory (I don't know what I'd do without this translator)

Mihi irruma et te pedicabo = Me to burst upon and you pedicabo (Apparently you are wrong Crayon, it appears that your Latin is lacking [insert smiley here].)

And so there you have it HawHaw and Tucker, those are your titles, translated with precision. Go forth and wear them with pride.
Not a big fan of signatures.
User avatar
Simon.
Simon.
 
Posts: 615
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:58 pm
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Postby GreenCrayon » Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:03 am

Simon. wrote:So, I went and found a crappy translator through google, to see if it could help me with any of those titles.


Okay, I'll give up the info.

quo usque tandem = For how much longer?

quo usque tandem abutere hawhaw patientia nostra = For how much longer, hawhaw, will you abuse our patience?

silentium est aurum = Silence is golden (And you were very nearly there with this one.)

panem et circenses = Bread and circuses (Probably requires an explanation.)

pons asinorum = Bridge of asses (More explaining.)

apsus memoriae = A slip of the memory (Literally, a memory lapse.)

Mihi irruma et te pedicabo = My intellect is the pinnacle (Or perhaps you should do a Google search for that entire phrase.)
Pirate.
User avatar
GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast
 
Posts: 1649
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:16 am
Location: United Kingdom

Postby hawhaw1267 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:53 pm

How about I don't use any of them because you guys are asses :D :wink:
User avatar
hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw
 
Posts: 835
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:00 pm
Location: Tucker's fat mom

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests