The INTERNET.

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Jaydee

Post by Jaydee »

I knew about the Zelda Prank, can't remember who told me about it, so I found a link to the "preview" and told my boyfriend.

It was the best thing I've ever seen watching him call up all of his friends, explaining they should prebook tickets and such.

It was also funny that he complained for the rest of the day, about the guy playing zelda, and how "his hair isn't even blonde, why wouldn't they just dye it at least??".
BTY. [Better than you]

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

mountainmage wrote: THIS however took the April Fools Cake. I actually thought it was real for a few minutes before I realized what day it was.
I don't get it.
a website for people that like static images
http://terriblecomics.org

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Youtube rickrolled everyone trying to use their featured video links.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

Does that mean tricking somebody into seeing Rick Astley?
a website for people that like static images
http://terriblecomics.org

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Yamid wrote:Does that mean tricking somebody into seeing Rick Astley?
Yes. That's exactly what it means.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I'm going to have to remind myself to stop opening unspecified youtube links, at least until everyone forgets about this whole rickrolling thing. Which will be what, two weeks from now?
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Sahan wrote:I'm going to have to remind myself to stop opening unspecified youtube links, at least until everyone forgets about this whole rickrolling thing. Which will be what, two weeks from now?
i dunno... i've seen people get rick rolled for months now. i think it'll be at least another month or two before it totally goes away.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I thought YouTube's April Fool's thing was that everything on the feature page was related to break dancing and "b-boys". I didn't click anything, so maybe those were all rickrolled? I'm not sure...

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I thought YouTube's April Fool's thing was that everything on the feature page was related to break dancing and "b-boys". I didn't click anything, so maybe those were all rickrolled? I'm not sure...
yeah, every one of the recommended videos on the main page rickrolled you

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

ruotwocone wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:I thought YouTube's April Fool's thing was that everything on the feature page was related to break dancing and "b-boys". I didn't click anything, so maybe those were all rickrolled? I'm not sure...
yeah, every one of the recommended videos on the main page rickrolled you
Makes sense. Too bad I care so little about break dancing that I didn't even bother clicking, and thus no rickrolling for me.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

What idiot started all the Rickrolling nonsense anyways? They need to be shot.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Frostbite wrote:What idiot started all the Rickrolling nonsense anyways? They need to be shot.
I think it is hilarious. I mean, it is much better than tubgirl which was the old rickroll.*
Rickrolling is so harmless** that I think it is great. I've actually never been rickrolled***, but I know it would make me smile.

Mind you, it is also kind of useless, because it isn't as if you have to see the whole video.

It would be even funnier to have one of those scare sites (focus really hard on a picture to see the secret, and then a ghost face and loud scream make you need to change your pants) have the scare be the Rick Astley vid. It probably exists already. I mean this is the internet.***

*Doesn't sound right, but you know what I mean.
**To the eyes.
*** I've seen part of the video twice. Once because of this thread, and once because of an XKCD comic, and I didn't know what it was. But neither time was I tricked into it. I do love how that particular rickroll on YouTube has nearly been hit 10 million times.
**** Last time I asked for something like this it was someone doing Guitar Hero and DDR at the same time. And I was subsequently linked to a video of such.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Seriously, compared to goatse, meatspin, tubgirl, 2girls1cup, hai2u, and lemonparty*, Rick Astley is easy on the eyes, and awesome on the ears!

*for my govt. class, we had to make a political party, so my friend and I called it the Lemon Party. We were pro-gay marriage, and pro-social security.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I have heard about this 2girls1cup, but never seen it. I hope I never have to.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

I remember Lemon Party, though I never saw it. I've heard of goatse, but I don't think I've seen it. And I also, thanks to some friendly warnings, never saw the 2 girls 1 cup. Don't know of the others.
Tubgirl, on the other hand, I was subjected to multiple times. Mainly because it was generally a pic, and pics are easier to disguise than vids.*
Which is why rickrolling works better than 2g1c and other videos. Because with rickrolling, it is just as funny for the first few seconds of the video. With the others, if you saw it, you probably recognize it, and thus don't get to the nastiness. There is less chance for repeat viewings. Which is why rickrolling's novelty will take much longer to die.

*Almost worse than tubgirl, though, was the SomethingAwful "bandwidth stealing" pic. I don't know if they still have it, but it was of some disgusting, naked, tranny stipper. So if you posted an SA pic here, that is what would come up. Blegh.