Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Calvinballlllll!!!!!
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Lottel wrote:Fellows, fellows, we all know that all games are equally inferior to Calvinball.
Well, except hockey. It's more inferior. And I guess Thunderball is less inferior than the rest...

But that's it.
Woah, woah, woah. Thunderball is the best harpoon fight over nuclear weapons underwater, ever.*

*and he strikes...like THUNDERBALLLLLLLLLL!
Last edited by mountainmage on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Blitzball is the sport of the future...

Future...

Future...*

*Final Fantasy.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Blitzball is lame.

Lottel

Post by Lottel »

Besides, it's not the sport of the future, it's the sport of a gender confused boy's dream... I which he has a huge "fight scene" with his father's dark side. Apparently Tidus was molested.
How DARE you bring joy and laughter to the smiling faces of children everywhere. Purveyors of hope and all that is pure in the world, DIE DIE DIE!!

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Lottel wrote:Tidus
Does anyone EVER not change a character's name when possible? Note, I also hate it when it's not possible, for example, in that very f*in game!
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

The main character of every FF game is gender confused. But they don't all look like they are in some kind of messed up male stripper costume.

Husper

Post by Husper »

I liked Squall.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Frostbite wrote:The main character of every FF game is gender confused. But they don't all look like they are in some kind of messed up male stripper costume.
Interestingly, I think this is even true in X2. She definitely seems kind of... disoriented.

Actually I always joked that the goth one was a raging lesbian (of the dyke variety), the blonde hyper one was a bisexual, just up for whatever, and the main one was a bit confused about her sexuality.*

*As you can tell, I don't actually play. I've just seen my roomate play it a ton.
Last edited by Lethal Interjection on Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Husper

Post by Husper »

Ok that sounded a bit gay, I mean he was my favourite main character, liked FF8 lots.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Husper wrote:Ok that sounded a bit gay, I mean he was my favourite main character, liked FF8 lots.
I liked it better than 7, actually. Oh no, I went against many fan-boys opinions!
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

mountainmage wrote:
Husper wrote:Ok that sounded a bit gay, I mean he was my favourite main character, liked FF8 lots.
I liked it better than 7, actually. Oh no, I went against many fan-boys opinions!
I like a lot of 8.* The card game is probably my favourite mini-game in the series. The junctioning system is pretty good, except the drawing off the bad guys makes everything take so long.
The main problem, however, is that I can't stand the way it looks. It obviously looked better when there weren't better systems, but I don't like how they attempted realism. I just feel like your characters should be cartoons if all you can get is that grainy look.

*Again, this is from my roomate playing in our dorm room, not from me playing.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I watch my roommate play lots of RPGs. I gotta say, the Final Fantasy ones are my least favorite ones.

Lottel

Post by Lottel »

So many better RPGs out there, FF just takes all the credit. Besides, FF7 is all about overcompansating. At least the moral of the story was good. When guys fight over penis sizes, the lose the girl.
How DARE you bring joy and laughter to the smiling faces of children everywhere. Purveyors of hope and all that is pure in the world, DIE DIE DIE!!

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

I found FF9 to be extremely underrated. Best ending of any in the series by far and reasonably awesome storyline throughout. Not that it was my favorite in the series (that would be FF4) but nobody ever seems to talk about it. Everybody always just pines over the pretty awesome FF7 or the totally lame and overrated FF8.