Another name.

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

My aunt said everyone looked confused as fuck at the premiere of it.
a website for people that like static images
http://terriblecomics.org

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I enjoy it. It certainly has its moments.
It is my least favourite of his movies (except maybe Deathproof, but that one just wasn't for me) but I still own it and enjoy it.
I have the cool gas can edition.

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

Lethal Interjection wrote:I enjoy it. It certainly has its moments.
It is my least favourite of his movies (except maybe Deathproof, but that one just wasn't for me) but I still own it and enjoy it.
I thought deathproof was hilarious. Especially that ending.
Hey, remember when we were talking about drinks? Good times...

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Yamid wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:I enjoy it. It certainly has its moments.
I thought deathproof was hilarious. Especially that ending.
Hey, remember when we were talking about drinks? Good times...
I enjoyed it, sure. The better of the pair. And it had a really cool idea, mixed with some great directorial decisions and good editting. But it ranks at the bottom of the list.
The list would go...

Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill 2
Kill Bill 1
Jackie Brown
Four Rooms (his section of it, not the whole movie)
Resevoir Dogs
Deathproof

I'm not counting his small directorial cameo in Sin City, nor am I counting the stuff he wrote but didn't direct.*

*I should include his CSI episode (which was the best two hours of TV I have ever seen), which would rank between Kill Bill and Jackie Brown, probably. Maybe higher, I haven't seen it in some time. But it is TV, so I'm not sure it counts.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

i preferred the rodriguez side of the pair of the double feature and also rodriguez's part of four rooms. i'd say that pulp fiction and both kill bills are pretty great but the rest of his films are in the above average region. he tends to get a bit preachy for me (cursing like a sailor preachy but still). Also I'm really fucking drunk at this point, so if this doesn't make sense, then maybe i'll elaborate tomorrow or something (fucking australians making me drink 'till 5am every night this week... bastards)

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

I liked Planet Terror better while I was watching it. I like Deathproof more after I had watched it. If that makes sense.
Essentially, I enjoyed watching Planet Terror. But there were a few points through Deathproof where I thought, "This is dumb." However, when it was all over and I could appreciate the movie as a whole, I found I liked Deathproof better, and would be more inclined to watch that one again.
As for Four Rooms, I really didn't care for Rodriguez's section.
I love Kill Bill 1 and 2. I really want him to do The Whole Bloody Affair, which has been rumoured since he had to split them up for financial reasons.
Pulp Fiction was brilliant through and through.
Jackie Brown has grown on me. I couldn't get behind the blaxploitation feel of the movie at first, but as I have watched it again, I've found myself enjoying it.
Resevoir Dogs had it's moments. The opening bit is great, the joke is great, and generally it is a good movie, I just feel like it is too much just yelling and swearing.
I really can't wait for Inglorious Bastards. I think Tarantino could do a magnificent war movie.
I'm not sure what you mean by "preachy" though, ruo. He is dialogue heavy and a lot of his characters are very opinionated, but I wouldn't call it "preachy" at all.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

what csi episode did he direct? Also kill bill 1 > kb2. And there is no part of 4 rooms that isn't hilarious.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

TwoBuy wrote:what csi episode did he direct? Also kill bill 1 > kb2. And there is no part of 4 rooms that isn't hilarious.
It was the 2hr season finale about 2 years ago, I believe. It was the one where Nick gets buried alive.
See, I like the laid back philosophizing (errrrr) of the second one. Bill's whole speech about Supes, and the fuller story of Bea. I'd say they are very close, but I like the second slightly better.
There was so much of Four Rooms that was just kind of... awkward. It had parts where it really just felt slapped together. The only one that I felt had reasonable coherence was the Tarantino one, but that is because it was the simplest of the stories, and thus didn't require much else. I was actually looking at some more info about it, and apparently it was originally supposed to be Five Rooms, with Linklater directing the 5th, but he bowed out. Too bad, that could've been interesting. I really do need to see it again, though.

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

I've never been too much of a Tarantino fan. Not saying I dislike his stuff or anything, but he's not a director i'd go out of my way to see.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Death Proof is actually on Starz right now.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Lethal Interjection wrote:It was the 2hr season finale about 2 years ago, I believe. It was the one where Nick gets buried alive.
ahh. I saw the first hour of that and liked it. Never finished it though. I can definitely see his influence on it now that I look back.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Simon.
Simon.

Post by Simon. »

Sorry to derail this movies thread, but I thought I'd show you all the final product. I went with Yamid's awesome idea, and this was the resulting note that we had to make for it. One of these will be on everyones table.

And since I'm late for work right now! I'll leave it at that! Thanks Yamid!
Not a big fan of signatures.

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

That is greater than I ever could have imagined. I no longer need to have a child; this will do just fine.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

Yamid wrote:I no longer need to have a child; this will do just fine.
That's not healthy.

Everyone needs to eat.
Pirate.

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

There are plenty of children in my apartment building. Dogs too.