Food

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Husper

Food

Post by Husper »

Its 3:45am and I am meant to be studying, but despite how fascinating doing work is, I felt a great need to come on here and ask you guys what your favourite food/s are.

If you could have one meal before you died or whatever, what would you chose? Or is there more than one that you cant decide between?

Also... what meal do you eat most commonly, or is it just random over different weeks and months?

My favourite has to be curry (Indian), cant get enough of it. Love a good Madras.

Yet as chicken is quite expensive (too lazy to travel the 30 mins to the big super cheap store), I eat spaghetti bolognaise a lot more, as its one of the only things I can cook at least semi decently, and mince is cheaper. Have it like 2 or 3 nights a week.

That was a good burn of 5 mins... now to harrass the mods at the CAD forums.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Rice with various vegetable and fish curries serve as the stock meal in my family.

Just as a note, I get a bit annoyed when people say, "I like curry" because it makes no sense to me. It's like saying, "I like fried". Curry is just a way of preparing a meal, so you have to say what it is you're currying before it means anything.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

although currying something is a method of preparation, it is also a noun. just like google became a verb through popular usage, curry can be added as a noun to the vernacular through usage. if you like curries regardless of whether it contains chicken, vegetables, or fetuses, "I like curry" is a perfectly valid statement. Also, curry is totally my favorite food as well.

Husper

Post by Husper »

Curry is what people here in the UK call indian food, words between different countries adopt different meanings, or aquire additional meanings.

And great choice on favourite food ruotwocone!

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

What's your favourite curry then? Mine would have to be Lamb Korma.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I've tried a bunch of great curries. Lamb or beef vindaloo, and especially Buttered Chicken. I've tried a bunch of other ones, but I don't recall the names (there is a great Indian buffet in town here).

Buttered chicken would definitely be up there in favourite foods, though.
A steak is always nice. With stuffed peppers.
My homemade pizza.
Brassie nachos (the Brassie is a local bar).
And probably some more stuff I'll remember later.

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

Favourite food. hmmmm food is all so good but I'd have to say the Szechuan tofu had to be the best meal I've had in a long time.

Honourablr mentions:
medium rare steak done on the bbq
pudding, any flavour
poutine
not a food but bubble tea is good too
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

Husper

Post by Husper »

Ohh yeah steak would be in my top 5, and a good ham.

Chicken Madras is one of my favourite curries, hot but not too hot usually, though I have been to places that have them as hot as a vindaloo, and then ive been to places that have vindaloos only as hot as a madras.

Learnt how to cook it from scratch, tried it once, and realised that buying a pre made sauce saves a hell of a lot of time and have never made another one since.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

We used to go to a place in Hamilton (called Kasturi) where the authentic Indian owner would not let me get the hottest curry. I think it was because I was white, and he figured I couldn't handle it. The next down on the list was hot but I had consumed chili that was plenty hotter.* Unfortunately I went one month, I went to go again with my family the next, and it had (in that month) both shut down and become a Japanese restaurant. We were sad. Then me and my friend found the Modern Indian Buffet. Quality is poorer, atmosphere isn't as good, but it is cheaper, and you can try many different varieties of Indian Cuisine. There is also a place directly across the road from me that went up last year, but I haven't been yet. Apparently it is more expensive, but excellent.

*I have consumed hot wings that were at right about the limit for me. The hottest wings on the menu at a local bar (The Beaver and Bulldog) come with a prize if you finish them. As I almost only ever order suicide wings (and had at one point ordered said bar's 3rd hottest and not found them hot at all), I figured it couldn't be that difficult. I was wrong. I had a beer and 4 glasses of coke (mainly because I didn't want to spoil the beer) over the course of an hour. Which is how long it took me to finish these 8 wings. To be fair, the first 5 took at least 45 of those minutes. The last 3 weren't as spicy (less saucy) and took considerably less time (also the first two were reasonably quick, as the heat hadn't exactly set in yet). I seriously contemplated giving up after the 3rd, 4th and 5th wing. But there was a prize (plus I had paid for them). The prize ended up being a Kilkenny pint glass and a Kilkenny leather coaster. Well worth it, as I collect pubware, and I didn't have any Kilkenny glasses. None of my friends would ever dare trying them, so they don't really understand how hot they really were (other than knowing that I struggled with them, and have never struggled with spicy food before). Luckily I found two people at work who had attempted and failed, and so finally I was able to converse about said exorcist wings.

Husper

Post by Husper »

Ive heard a story that a few curry restaurants around London added an extra curry to their menu that was stupedly hot, not hot hot, but millions of scovilles hot that makes you not be able to taste anything for a week. They did it to get back at all the idiotic white westerner yobs who would come in half drunk loud and annoying, and demand the hottest curry straight off without looking at the menu. Great idea I say :lol:

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

Fried chicken and macaroni and cheese.
a website for people that like static images
http://terriblecomics.org

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Curries are delicious for sure. I don't like chicken so I don't order hot-wings, but in Seattle there is a famous place called Dixie's BBQ that has a hot sauce called The Man which I stupidly put on with a spoon instead of a toothpick as recommended. I was both crushed by and kicked the crap out of said hot-sauce (I finished my pulled pork sandwich but it physically blistered my mouth). This is one of two meals in my life which I would actually consider 5-star hot.

As for favorite food, maybe a really good bockwurst (with hot mustard, and cabbage).
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

TwoBuy wrote:The Man ... physically blistered my mouth
That is awesome. I want this sauce.
a website for people that like static images
http://terriblecomics.org

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Yamid wrote:
TwoBuy wrote:The Man ... physically blistered my mouth
That is awesome. I want this sauce.
go to a Mariners game. you can meet The Man at Safeco Field (unless it finally got shut down from pussy people eating it and threatening to sue). On a side note, having Microsoft in town does wonders for having available and awesome curry (damn near every other person that works there is Indian). Redmond must have like 15-20 Indian or Thai places.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

ruotwocone wrote:go to a Mariners game. you can meet The Man at Safeco Field (unless it finally got shut down from pussy people eating it and threatening to sue).
I'm pretty sure it already did.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?