Food

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

I like to experiment a bit with my snacks at home. Yesterday, realizing how much of a fan I was with cheese on crackers and also melted cheese, I thought I might try putting melted cheese on crackers.

I mean, cheese on crackers is tasty, and so is melted cheees, so by putting the two together, it's only logical that the end result is twice as tasty, right? WRONG. Turns out the tasty scale is actually logarithmic, so I was mildly disappointed with the outcome.

Anyway, that's my cullinary highlight of the week.
Good day.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Lottel

Post by Lottel »

I made some pizza dough on Thursday. I had some left over come dinner so I took the dough rolled it to about 6 inches and put some chicken, bbq sauce, mozzarella, and my pizza sauce in the middle. I rolled it up covered it in fake butter and fake garlic. Sprinkled it with cheese and cooked it.
Very good.

Until the flu hit. It did not taste good the second time.
How DARE you bring joy and laughter to the smiling faces of children everywhere. Purveyors of hope and all that is pure in the world, DIE DIE DIE!!

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Lottel wrote:Until the flu hit. It did not taste good the second time.
the flu. Good times. And 100 posts for you as well. Crazy.

I went over to my friends' house for dinner last night and they made me this mango chicken dish over couscous. Super tasty.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

I don't know why you bitches are so fancy.
a website for people that like static images
http://terriblecomics.org

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

Lottel wrote:I made some pizza dough on Thursday. I had some left over come dinner so I took the dough rolled it to about 6 inches and put some chicken, bbq sauce, mozzarella, and my pizza sauce in the middle. I rolled it up covered it in fake butter and fake garlic. Sprinkled it with cheese and cooked it.
Very good.
My family use to make pizza, but we always went for overkill with the amount of toppings, and it wasn't worth the time or the effort in the end.
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Lottel

Post by Lottel »

the key to good pizza isnt the toppings. Lots of topping just means the rest of the pizza sucks. If you make the food right, you don't need to add stuff to it.
How DARE you bring joy and laughter to the smiling faces of children everywhere. Purveyors of hope and all that is pure in the world, DIE DIE DIE!!

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

I remember when I went to Italy I was confused as hell, since the pizza there is nothing like what we eat in the states. Still delicious, just a completely different thing.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Lottel wrote:the key to good pizza isnt the toppings. Lots of topping just means the rest of the pizza sucks. If you make the food right, you don't need to add stuff to it.
I disagree. I make the sauce just the way I like it, which is better than anywhere else I've tried (it is basically just pasta sauce, but with my own blend of spices and garlic). The crust is basically exactly the way I like it (I have had good crust elsewhere). And the other than the fact that cheese is just standard mozzerella (which is pretty normal for pizza), it would be pizza just the way I like it, regardless of toppings. But you throw on some bacon, chicken, pepperoni, ham, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, fresh tomatoes and I like it all the more.
Though, I would agree with you for pizza not made at home. For ordering, I'll order a many-topping pizza if the place generally makes them poorly.

And I would also agree about food in general. Stuff shouldn't have to be added to it afterwards if you are spending the right time cooking. But, I'm not willing to say that the sausage penne I ordered is a poor bit of pasta because they added sausage to it, which is how I feel about your topping argument, at least in regards to my homemade pizza.

Husper

Post by Husper »

I have never really seen the appeal of pizza, its just a cooked tomato and cheese sandwich without the top slice of bread. Sure you can add loads of cool toppings, but why? I would rather have those toppings as they are normally and part of a normal meal.

However when I am drunk I would tell you that pizza is probably the best food in the world, so dont trust my opinions too much.

Yamid

Post by Yamid »

It's like a hot pocket. They're convenient, but i wouldn't really go out of my way to have one.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Home made lasagna is the best food ever.

But pastas in general are ace as well.

Also, i love subs, especially quiznos'*

*How is that for marketing techniques? 200 posts, win some cred, then name drop some brands. If only they paid me to do so...
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

cheez.wiz wrote:Home made lasagna is the best food ever.

But pastas in general are ace as well.

Also, i love subs, especially quiznos'*

*How is that for marketing techniques? 200 posts, win some cred, then name drop some brands. If only they paid me to do so...
You don't have any "cred".
Also, one of the worst meals of my life was lasagna. The guy making it loved using thickly chopped veggies in nearly everything. In this case, they didn't get cooked properly, and I ended up crunching through my lasagna. Not good.

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

My mother is terribly miserly about how much cheese she uses, so her lasagna end up looking and feeling nothing like lasagna. They still taste good though.

cheez.wiz
Human-based Product

Post by cheez.wiz »

Lethal Interjection wrote: You don't have any "cred".
Geez, thanks.

Also, i maintain my point about lasagna. When executed properly, it's a perfect mix of pastas, cheeses and meat. Something that can never be equalled.
bird bird bird, bird is a word, b-b-b-b-bird oh yeah bird is a word, bird bird bird

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Gimme soume Couscous with mushrooms and chicken, and I'm in heaven.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away