Time for new discussion

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Interestingly Cracked (basically a ripoff of Mad), which I read a few times as a kid, has found a way to keep my attention (though I didn't get linked to this until a few months ago). Here is their website, certainly not with kids as their initial market, and here is what got me there in the first place.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Lethal Interjection wrote:here is what got me there in the first place.
And once again, a piece of humour flooded with comments from people who don't know the meaning of sarcasm.

Though to be honest, some of the points did sound like the things that idiots would honestly complain about. It was only until the 'Homage or Theft?' pointers that I was entirely sure he was joking.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Jiggz

Post by Jiggz »

Ha ha ha, I can't believe people took that list seriously. I knew it was sarcasm by about 6 points in.

Did someone say plot hole?

Liv Tyler's character is seen easily defeating nine strong supernatural beings, even though she is clearly a woman.
Ha ha ha, I mean for fuck sake? Damn some folks are stupid.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Honestly I agree with Jiggz on Biff. It's just Biff finds out some hillarious and/or ironic and/or impossible thing has something-or-other'd and the end result is that something thats a combination of the previous three descriptive words has happened. Not my cup o' tea, I can tell you that.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

Jiggz wrote:Ha ha ha, I can't believe people took that list seriously. I knew it was sarcasm by about 6 points in.
I had it pegged by point 1. Those first couple were awesome. Bush league gentlemen.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

I remember cracked. I bought there Zelda OT issue. It was funny back then in high school. I dont know if you seen it but it made fun all eveything from that game from the morons who live in the volcan to link going to the lake and putting the p in pool.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

HARDKORE wrote:I remember cracked. I bought there Zelda OT issue. It was funny back then in high school. I dont know if you seen it but it made fun all eveything from that game from the morons who live in the volcan to link going to the lake and putting the p in pool.
The whole problem was that if you read one, you read them all. Even when I was of an age to appreciate the humour, a handful of issues over a couple of years had them getting mighty tired, with the same jokes over and over.
And there were two reasons I had it pegged as a joke when I read it. One was that I knew what Cracked was. The second was that it is very seldom that people make lists like that unless they are meant to be humourous. Especially with a title like that one.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

On the topic of satirical sites, http://www.chaser.com.au is a good one from Australia, though it doesn't update very often, so I don't visit it all that often either anymore. Still, the few the articles they post are pretty good.

For those that remember, this is the same group that managed to smuggle Osama Bin Laden into the OPEC summit in Sydney last year.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?