Where are they?

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Re: Where are they?

Post by Edminster »

Yup. Wiztoast is indeed the creator of SMBC. He's pretty cool in that he basically lets us run rampant in the forums here. He would be even cooler if he participated in the inanity.

Anyway, Jor-Blask and I are off to approve/deny membership to forum applicants. You would not believe the number of Russian spammers out there; it's gotten to the point where I just banned everyone with *@mail.ru for their email. I feel kinda bad for the one or two people who were probably authentic, but such sacrifices must be made.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Indeed.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Indeed.
++

Once I'm done doing some school-stuff expect me to do some cleaning up in the membership. I plan on deleting every one who has 1 or less posts that hasn't posted in a long time, because I'm sick of there being 2000+ members with only 30 or so who aren't spambots. If anyone has any complaints about this, tell me now or forever hold your peace.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

mountainmage wrote:++

Once I'm done doing some school-stuff expect me to do some cleaning up in the membership. I plan on deleting every one who has 1 or less posts that hasn't posted in a long time, because I'm sick of there being 2000+ members with only 30 or so who aren't spambots. If anyone has any complaints about this, tell me now or forever hold your peace.
Well thats the ++++ calling the + ++.

And I would be careful with that. Especially with registration being a considerable amount more difficult than it once was. Yes, it would thin up the member list and make it more accurate, but at the same time I feel it might diminish the chances of some people posting. If someone registered last year, and never really got around to posting (or found anything worth posting), but then comes back to post and finds their membership revoked, they may just say forget it. I don't want to see the growth of the board stunted for the sake of accuracy. If you can tell they are a spambot (spam link in their website spot, for example), then I'm for it. Past that, I'd say leave it.
And I'd definitely talk to Zach about it before you do anything. Unless you want to lose your mod responsibilities that quickly.

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Heeey, new titles!
Lookin' good, you guys!
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

mountainmage wrote:Once I'm done doing some school-stuff expect me to do some cleaning up in the membership. I plan on deleting every one who has 1 or less posts that hasn't posted in a long time, because I'm sick of there being 2000+ members with only 30 or so who aren't spambots. If anyone has any complaints about this, tell me now or forever hold your peace.
I personally would rather you simply delete the spambots who have never posted, leaving the ones who have posted at least once be. Of course, I'm sentimental towards the things, and I like being able to search their posts via the memberlist. Like pen70. That was a great spambot. But yeah, spambots who have never posted are fair game. I only deleted Quenz Buena because that was the third duplicate thread that he posted in my forum, and I wasn't going to have that.

Also, I've been using this site to double-check the email addresses of members, to make sure that nobody sapient gets deleted.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Alright...when I get some time I'll delete some spam bots who never posted.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:Heeey, new titles!
Lookin' good, you guys!
Double post madness! (because I didn't notice the new titles)

I think Ahmet's title is the best of the new ones. Ed's is a close second.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

Yeah, I though about Ahmet's for a good seven seconds. It was either that or 'Blind Puppy', but he's kinda grown out of that stage. I've already got Oldrac's in mind, just waiting for him to hit the Mythical 100 posts.

Oldrac the Chitinous
'Tastes like Chicken'

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Hey! Who died and appointed you title-giver! I want to do some! I want Oldrac and Laneth since you got Ahmet and Lethal.

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

mountainmage wrote:Hey! Who died and appointed you title-giver!
Jerry the Titlemonger. Apparently he put me in his Will after a wild night in Vegas a few years back.
mountainmage wrote:I want to do some!

Fine, you can do some, just don't take
mountainmage wrote:I want Oldrac and Laneth since you got Ahmet and Lethal.
Aww... I really liked 'Tastes like Chicken'. But yeah, go ahead and take them for your titling desires.

gödel stop spreading fud

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Edminster wrote:Fine, you can do some, just don't take
I suggest we take turns. When we find the next member who actually plans on sticking around for 100 posts, it'll be your turn. (And I get a double turn this time. Fair is fair!)

Also, you guys can request titles if you want (in advance, if you like), but if you don't tell me what you want I'll make one for you myself.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

He didn't get Lethal. He simply messaged me wondering if I wanted a title. And I chose my own. I think I'm entitled to my own decision regarding title, no?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I did say you can pick your own. >_>

Edminster

Post by Edminster »

mountainmage wrote:I'll make one for you myself.
That's how it used to work around here. Nobody chose their titles, the titles chose them. And by 'titles chose them' I mean Sheriff Dani made something up, and we all learned to deal with it.

gödel stop spreading fud