Cooking Experiments!

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Re: Cooking Experiments!

Post by mountainmage »

So this time it's

Terrible food monsters > I have no life, because I'm on the forums > More terrible food demons >lesbianistic (not a real word, but sounds awesome) tensions > pickles + rot = relish > the many faces of hummus > ahmet's desire for the perfect friend > Ed selling crack > cannibalism > Ahmet and Ed sexual tension > me trying to derail an already derailed thread > discussion of the fundamentals of the muslim faith > More ed and ahmet sexual tension
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

Essentially, yes. Although homosexuality is fairly haraam, so that sexual tension will forever remain unresolved. Unless of course, I turn out to be female. Protip: Not gonna happen.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

wolf
She-Barbarian of the North

Post by wolf »

mountainmage wrote:So this time it's

Terrible food monsters > I have no life, because I'm on the forums > More terrible food demons >lesbianistic (not a real word, but sounds awesome) tensions > pickles + rot = relish > the many faces of hummus > ahmet's desire for the perfect friend > Ed selling crack > cannibalism > Ahmet and Ed sexual tension > me trying to derail an already derailed thread > discussion of the fundamentals of the muslim faith > More ed and ahmet sexual tension

Isn't fun to track a thread? Someday we'll stay on topic
Can you hold my hand? It's a big poop

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

That day is a mathematical impossibility.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

I feel like Ahmet has been waiting some time to explain his beliefs. He did so very well, and more succint and eloquent than any post he's written so far. Perhaps because he has been waiting for the right opportunity to do so.
I don't know much about giraffes, but I recall that Jewish dietary laws say that an animal has to have a cleft hoof and chew the cud. Cows and sheep fit this criteria, while pigs, who don't have the cud-chew thing going for them, are not. That covers general farm animals, anyways. If someone said that giraffe would be kosher, it must also have a cleft hoof and chew the cud.
As for shrimp, I wonder if the biology of it that is not excepted is because of the "vein", which is to say the shrimp poop that runs through it? Because I know waste products is a big thing with semetic dietary laws, and that would certainly make sense.
Also, point of clarification that Ahmet can answer: To what extent does the "no blood" rule go? Obviously, again, this could be different depending on your (for lack of a better, more non-Christianized word) denomination, but does that mean your steak must be well-done?
Thankfully, being Christian, that little vision of St. Peter, where God basically told him to go ahead and eat what he pleases, there is no real dietary laws in Christianity.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

There's no diet in atheism. Or religion. Huh.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

Lethal Interjection wrote:Thankfully, being Christian, that little vision of St. Peter, where God basically told him to go ahead and eat what he pleases, there is no real dietary laws in Christianity.
too bad St. Peter didn't have a vision getting rid of the rest of Leviticus... cuz I bet most Christians are just itchin' to wear that 25% polyester shirt.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

ruotwocone wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:Thankfully, being Christian, that little vision of St. Peter, where God basically told him to go ahead and eat what he pleases, there is no real dietary laws in Christianity.
too bad St. Peter didn't have a vision getting rid of the rest of Leviticus... cuz I bet most Christians are just itchin' to wear that 25% polyester shirt.
Most of the Old Testament legalism went away when Jesus came 'round. I guess the dietary ones were just causing the early Christians enough trouble that God had to go ahead and make some special points about it.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Not so much waiting to explain as being pissed about being suspected of terrorism when I go buy some sauce at the local grocery store.
Ever head or mustard gas? Yeah, I'm gonna make sauce gas, Bitches!

I don't find myself needed to be eloquent here. It's an extra effort with little reward. I'm lazy. Also, I've spent a lot of time learning about my religion, while I have not spent so much time learning about showtunes. I can't be as eloquent and accurate.

HAshbrowns healthier than french fries? Well hot dog!
Just like an std, will never fully go away.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I love hash browns. But I love french fries too.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Maybe you should combine the two to make the ultimate side dish?
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

That's like saying combining the light and dark side of the force would make the ultimate jedi. Silly rabbit.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Sounds awesome, and therefore it must be true.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

AHMETxRock wrote:That's like saying combining the light and dark side of the force would make the ultimate jedi. Silly rabbit.
Kind of like a Dark Jedi? That does sound badass. If only they made a videogame where you could play as one...
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

AHMETxRock
Spam-Bot Trollop

Post by AHMETxRock »

Bah. I was alluding more to the online pc star wars games.

You want a consol game of star wars? Make it for the Wii, not suck, full motion compatability (unlike the lightsaber duel game, which hasn't delivered), online play, and not a contrived method of level advancement like killing ten ewoks to learning their secret Rock in da Sock weaponsmithing.

A good game, yes it was. However, the secret apprentice gips the series a bit, doesn't it?