Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

sotic
[Insert Here]

Re: Good Comics

Post by sotic »

Urist wrote:Freak Angles
http://www.freakangels.com/

This one finished up a few months or two ago. It's about 12 kids born at the same time who all have some power of the world and such. It kinda starts with them in a broken England trying to help a small town and goes from there. Or it starts when they are kids. I can't quite remember since it's been a while. Any how, I found it to be a pretty good read, and now that it's finished you don't have to suffer through the horrid update rate.
I found the ending to be really, really unsatisfactory. Like, they ascended? or something? Did the all the damage from their "push" get undone? What did their push do in the first place? Why was there an American military helicopter? etc...

It was fun to read while it was still going, though.

Also, the title is "Freak Angels" not "Freak Angles" ;)
Wind catches lily / Scatt'ring petals to the wind: / Segmentation fault

Urist

Post by Urist »

sotic wrote:
Urist wrote:Freak Angles
http://www.freakangels.com/

This one finished up a few months or two ago. It's about 12 kids born at the same time who all have some power of the world and such. It kinda starts with them in a broken England trying to help a small town and goes from there. Or it starts when they are kids. I can't quite remember since it's been a while. Any how, I found it to be a pretty good read, and now that it's finished you don't have to suffer through the horrid update rate.
I found the ending to be really, really unsatisfactory. Like, they ascended? or something? Did the all the damage from their "push" get undone? What did their push do in the first place? Why was there an American military helicopter? etc...

It was fun to read while it was still going, though.

Also, the title is "Freak Angels" not "Freak Angles" ;)
Ahh, fixed that bit, thanks. In regards to the ending... I think what happened is that they all worked together to fix the big broken stuff, the time bubbles(That's a funny looking word) and such( I don't know what the such is but it seemed like the damage was extensive within England or what have you). The effort of fixing it all "Killed" them which allowed them too once again improve and go to sort of an alternate dimension which looked a lot like the one Luke saw. That implies that by this point they have the power to alter time and are damn near gods.

The American helicopter has to do with the fact that the only area affected was England, and from an outside point of view when the punched it, shit went down and none of the rest of the world could get in. America being a leading super power would have probably been staging massive efforts to get in and recon the situation.

With all that being said, I do feel the ending was a bit lack luster, it worked decently well for the series but at the same time felt like a cop out.

GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

I hated the end of Freakangels. They broke it. They fixed it. Now they sit on their fucking asses doing nothing. Great work, guys.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Lady Sabre & The Pirates of the Ineffable Aether

It only started this summer, so it's not very far in yet, but so far it seems to be a steam punk story about space pirates.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

http://www.misfile.com
A boy wakes up as a girl.
A girl lost her last two years.
Because a stoned angel misfiled their files in heaven.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

That was actually one of the first comics I got into on a daily basis. After a while I dropped it though because I couldn't keep up with all the comics, and it didn't seem to be going anywhere.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

That comic seems like a badly written stealth anime to me. Also, a thousand pages after I noticed the main characters are lesbians in love and they still aren't going out.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

I remember that comic. Is it still happening or did it end? I'm too lazy to click the link and find out, but I'll take the time to type this message out and await a response.

Figure that one out.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

GUTCHUCKER

Post by GUTCHUCKER »

It's still dragging on, yes.

Frostbite
I dunno.

Post by Frostbite »

Well...good for it. Seems like it would've had everything corrected by now.

Probably too many wacky shenanigans happening with that drunkard.
Doin' podcasts before they were cool.

Euclidthegreek
Fisty McGee

Post by Euclidthegreek »

Lately I've gotten into Darwin Carmichael is Going to Hell. I was first introduced to it through this forum (I think because of Apoc), so it might not be new, but I'm enjoying it.
Edminster wrote:I'm starting to think Euclid lives in the past.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

I do read and enjoy that comic, however I don't remember linking to it here. However I'm happy to take credit for introducing you to it, given the unreliability of my memory.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

if some of you didn't pick it up, go read ratfist. It's a doug tenapel joint. Great characters; perfect ending.
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Euclidthegreek wrote:Lately I've gotten into Darwin Carmichael is Going to Hell. I was first introduced to it through this forum (I think because of Apoc), so it might not be new, but I'm enjoying it.
Supermegaawesomecool! <3 <3 <3 Too few sadly. Only a little over 200. Okay 270. Damned web comic artist slackers who give us their ideas and drawing time for free and only produce one comic a week ...
Microaggression? Microaggression!

In Jam
[Insert Penis Here]

Post by In Jam »

I just ordered the Definitive Silver Surfer, so I'll get back to you if it's any good.

It should be, the Silver Surfer being the best marvel character. Or at least the gateway to the best stories.