Page 61 of 65

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:01 pm
by Astrogirl
Sanjay wrote:EDIT: Also, The Accidental Space Spy is an amazing read, as is everything done by that artist.

This is awesome, I read it regularly now.

I also read the thing with the magic knife http://www.webcomicsnation.com/thorsby/ ... pter=24643 ... very cool.

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:44 pm
by smiley_cow
Has anyone else been reading The Evil Queen

Admittedly, it's a bit of a pain to follow but she tends to get a new page about ever week or two and the art is wonderful. I just want to emphasize how much I like this art.

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:48 am
by smiley_cow
My Sister the Freak

About two sisters being sisters and fighting aliens.

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:55 am
by zomgmouse
When I first started getting into webcomics, about seven or eight years ago, there was one that I remember really, really liking. But it was one of those "issue-by-issue" updates, and when I'd read all there was, I couldn't find a way of finding out when the next one would be up. So I stopped checking it, and eventually forgot the name, which was annoying as I wanted to revisit it. After a few times searching for keywords like "webcomic castle time travel", I remembered suddenly that it was an Australian webcomic, and so I searched for "Australian webcomic castle time travel", and, lo and behold, the comic came up: Platinum Grit. It's fantastic!

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:14 am
by Astrogirl
smiley_cow wrote:My Sister the Freak

About two sisters being sisters and fighting aliens.

I read that as "My Sister and the Freak", making the narrator the freak. Would also have been fun.

zomgmouse wrote:When I first started getting into webcomics, about seven or eight years ago, there was one that I remember really, really liking. But it was one of those "issue-by-issue" updates, and when I'd read all there was, I couldn't find a way of finding out when the next one would be up. So I stopped checking it, and eventually forgot the name, which was annoying as I wanted to revisit it. After a few times searching for keywords like "webcomic castle time travel", I remembered suddenly that it was an Australian webcomic, and so I searched for "Australian webcomic castle time travel", and, lo and behold, the comic came up: Platinum Grit. It's fantastic!

Sadly it requires some kind of flash thingy version that even my Windows computer (work laptop) does not have.

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:03 pm
by Oldrac the Chitinous
Astrogirl wrote:Sadly it requires some kind of flash thingy version that even my Windows computer (work laptop) does not have.

A little defensive, are we?

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:55 pm
by zomgmouse
Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:
Astrogirl wrote:Sadly it requires some kind of flash thingy version that even my Windows computer (work laptop) does not have.

A little defensive, are we?

It requires Shockwave, which is both free and easy to install.

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:04 pm
by Astrogirl
Which cannot be installed on Linux.

And isn't installed on my work laptop, so I would probably need to get an approval to install it.

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:13 pm
by nobody
Isn't linux supposed to be good? Perhaps instead of linux it should be linSUX hahahaha

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:36 pm
by Oldrac the Chitinous
You're all reading Antics, yeah?
Ed mentioned it before, but it bears repeating.

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:12 am
by Edminster
Man, I don't remember that comic at all but Past Ed sure knows what I like!

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:27 pm
by PyroPrav
PyroPrav wrote:Anyone heard of Antics?
http://www.anticscomic.com/

- by PyroPrav » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:46 pm


Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:You're all reading Antics, yeah?
Ed mentioned it before, but it bears repeating.

by Oldrac the Chitinous » Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:36 am



Yeah, let Ed take all the credit =(

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:18 pm
by nobody
hahaha oh pyro

poor pyro

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:48 am
by Oldrac the Chitinous
Aw geez.
Aw geez.

Sorry, mate.

Re: Good Comics

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:50 pm
by zomgmouse
Okay, I found out yesterday that the co-creator of that comic I recently linked to is also the co-creator of Oglaf. That may be incentive for you. Although this is much, much, much less sex-based. In fact, sex is not even the core theme of this comic.