Good Comics

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Re: Good Comics

Postby Astrogirl » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:43 pm

http://www.sorcery101.net/sorcery-101/sorcery101-ch-01/ A comic with werewolves and vampires that do not sparkle and demons that might rob you and angels and magic.
Microaggression? Microaggression!
Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Postby Kimra » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:19 am

Astrogirl wrote:http://www.sorcery101.net/sorcery-101/sorcery101-ch-01/ A comic with werewolves and vampires that do not sparkle and demons that might rob you and angels and magic.

To be fair, there's only one shitty story where vampires sparkle so I just assume that's the case.
King Prawn
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Postby GUTCHUCKER » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:10 am

Apparently sorcerors do fuck all sorcery, and the comic is mostly about family, drama and relationships.
Datanazush wrote:I ship Mohammed and Jehova.
GUTCHUCKER
Gotchucker's less handsome twin

Postby Sahan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:41 am

I used to read that comic fairly regularly but there was a gradual build-up of minor annoyances (e.g. author never spell checks, story arc tends to meander for a while), so when I decided to cut down on the number of comics I kept up with, that one fell through.
Destructicus wrote:Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?
Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Postby Apocalyptus » Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:48 pm

Kimra wrote:
Astrogirl wrote:http://www.sorcery101.net/sorcery-101/sorcery101-ch-01/ A comic with werewolves and vampires that do not sparkle and demons that might rob you and angels and magic.

To be fair, there's only one shitty story where vampires sparkle so I just assume that's the case.

What I do find funny (although I am in no way a fan of Twilight) is the people saying "back in my day, vampires burst into flame when they went into the sun!" or other statements criticising Stephenie Meyer for having her vampires able to walk around in daylight when the whole burning in sunlight is actually a recent invention. Dracula was fine walking around in sunshine, he just didn't have as many powers as he did at night time.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."
Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Postby Sahan » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:26 pm

Sorcery 101 also has vampires that are perfectly fine with walking around in broad daylight, but only certain ones and not others. I never read long enough to find out if they ever explained why.
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Sahan

Postby smiley_cow » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Apocalyptus wrote:
Kimra wrote:

What I do find funny (although I am in no way a fan of Twilight) is the people saying "back in my day, vampires burst into flame when they went into the sun!" or other statements criticising Stephenie Meyer for having her vampires able to walk around in daylight when the whole burning in sunlight is actually a recent invention. Dracula was fine walking around in sunshine, he just didn't have as many powers as he did at night time.

Not to mention everyone scoffing at the idea of vampires being part of a romance story instead of monsters. As though vampires haven't been used as an outlet for sexually repressed women since Dracula.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.
smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Postby Liriodendron_fagotti » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:56 pm

Anne Rice books are just well-narrated vampire erotica. My parents gave them to me to read when I was in middle school.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.
Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Postby Kimra » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:12 am

Funny, my favourite bits in all the Anne Rice novels were a few cute conversations between Louise and Lestate. I cared very little for, and mostly forgot, the rest of the novels.
King Prawn
Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Postby DonRetrasado » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:33 pm

People complaining about vampires fighting werewolves? Why, they've been involved in turf wars across America for the better part of the last 100 years.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.

Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.
DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Postby Lethal Interjection » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:24 pm

DonRetrasado wrote:People complaining about vampires fighting werewolves? Why, they've been involved in turf wars across America for the better part of the last 100 years.

The original Crips and Bloods.
Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Postby Liriodendron_fagotti » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:37 pm

Zach shared this. Out of interest, when was the last recorded time he visited/posted in the forums?

http://birdandmoon.com/index.html
Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Postby Sahan » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:53 pm

Found in ZACH HOTLINE, Dec 13 2010
ZachWeiner wrote:Man, I need to spend more time on this forum. If only I did shorter comics...

Sahan

Postby Liriodendron_fagotti » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:38 pm

That is many moons ago.
Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Postby Astrogirl » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:11 am

Freefall: http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff100/fv00001.htm
Updates Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Has been going on since 1998. In comic time about three-and-a-half weeks have passed. It's science fiction and funny and kinda philosophy. The main characters are:
- A squid-like alien, wearing a protective suit, who likes stealing stuff and annoying people - he's the captain of a ship, that until the middle of the comic is not able to fly yet.
- An ethical wolf female engineer.
- A robot who was corrupted by the squid-like alien.
Then there are many other robots and a few nice humans and a few evil humans.
Microaggression? Microaggression!
Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

PreviousNext

Return to General