What us all alooklike

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Re: What us all alooklike

Post by DonRetrasado »

I have a scar on my forehead from smashing my face into a telephone when I was a kid (I have no recollection of this) and almost no one has pointed it out to me. On the other hand, I have a small, mostly-faded birthmark on my arm that's covered up by stretch marks (from my mad bicepz~) and someone once pointed and said "what the hell is wrong with your arm??"
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

This morning at breakfast the boyfriend insisted on getting a picture before we got haircuts:

my hair was an animes
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Looking handsome man. Any pictures post haircut?
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Why did you cut your hair? You already looked adorable!
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I agree, you looked awesome. But I suppose you look awesome now to... I suppose.
King Prawn

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Sassycat
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

No post-haircut pictures, because I just got my standard buzz. It was only after getting it all shorn off that I realized that I actually looked pretty cute, although goddamn my hair is so thick even that small amount is a pain to maintain. I can't imagine how terrible it must be to have hair to your shoulders or longer!

If you want to know what I currently look like, just refer to this file photo from like six years ago:

ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

So you are trying to tell me these two photos show the same person >.>

You looked cuter with the more hair. But god is hair a lot of effort. Mine goes to below my shoulders now. If I don't wash it daily I look like I didn't wash it for a week. And even so it looks messy often. I cut it off almost completely around 2 years ago ... or was it 3? I think 2. Maybe I will do it again. On the other hand I apparently also look cuter with more hair. And the attempt to look more queer did not work anyway.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Hairdressers pretty much refuse to cut my hair short. Like if it can't be tied back in a pony tail? It ain't happening. And I do nothing to maintain it, so it looks like a giant birds nest 99% of the time.

Just so share how much hair annoys me.
King Prawn

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Me and my junkyard uh I mean book shelf.

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Astrogirl wrote: If I don't wash it daily I look like I didn't wash it for a week.
You could try dry shampoo between washes maybe? The unfortunate thing about hair is that the more often you wash it the more grease is produced in response, hence I try to wash it as seldom as possible (around every 4-6 days).
Some people even go the whole hog and stop shampooing completely, which supposedly works in the long term, but you have to deal with your hair being really greasy while your scalp adjusts so I don't think I would ever try it.
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

You could use a shampoo without detergent. What I do is I use my expensive dandruff shampoo for people with simultaneously dry and sweaty skin once or twice a week, and the other days I use a shampoo + conditioner bar on my scalp. Because it doesn't contain any detergent it won't strip all the oils in your hair or dry out the scalp (unless you really work at it), but it'll get your hair clean and given enough time, your scalp should stop producing so much oil.

I keep my hair really short now anyway because it's easier and it helps me lose body heat and also I am going aggressively bald.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

DonRetrasado wrote:You could use a shampoo without detergent. What I do is I use my expensive dandruff shampoo for people with simultaneously dry and sweaty skin once or twice a week, and the other days I use a shampoo + conditioner bar on my scalp. Because it doesn't contain any detergent it won't strip all the oils in your hair or dry out the scalp (unless you really work at it), but it'll get your hair clean and given enough time, your scalp should stop producing so much oil.

I keep my hair really short now anyway because it's easier and it helps me lose body heat and also I am going aggressively bald.
Is the shampoo + condition bar still some kind of soap or surficant?

I keep my hair shaved fairly short with clippers and just wash my head with liquid soap. Usually Dr. Brothers since it is the only liquid soap available almost everywhere. I've used bar soaps before too, but they can be a pain to rince out if they get mushy.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

Dry shampoo, shampoo without detergent, haven't heard of this.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Apocalyptus wrote:
Astrogirl wrote: If I don't wash it daily I look like I didn't wash it for a week.
You could try dry shampoo between washes maybe? The unfortunate thing about hair is that the more often you wash it the more grease is produced in response, hence I try to wash it as seldom as possible (around every 4-6 days).
Some people even go the whole hog and stop shampooing completely, which supposedly works in the long term, but you have to deal with your hair being really greasy while your scalp adjusts so I don't think I would ever try it.
I did this, and switched to baking soda and apple cider vinegar. Honestly the transition wasn't too bad, my hair was never greasy, it just still needed washed every day still while it adjusted. But I'd only recommend if you have short hair. My hair's grown out recently (like shoulder length long) and it's not greasy, but it's definitely more oily than it was when it was long and I was using shampoo. I'll be cutting it all off again at some point this month though.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.