Sword naming contest

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

LordRetard
The Most Retardedest

Re: Sword naming contest

Post by LordRetard »

Rainbow wrote:PS. Partially knowing Japanese is retardocrap.
Is joke. It goes something like, "I actually don't know anything about Japanese besides reading my phonology primers but I watch anime and they reuse enough staple phrases that I have memorised some of them."

Phonology is tons of fun to read about. I learned how to imitate a Spanish accent enough to be understood clearly, but I have no idea what I'm saying. Japanese is actually very good for this because they have extremely simple-ass phonology, besides the addition of a couple (2) of non-English phones.
Last edited by LordRetard on Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Make sure to approach government buildings with them so as to show your views.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

HARDKORE
The Heavy

Post by HARDKORE »

Thanks for the list. Let me look at it for a day and look up a few of the words.

Any chance after i pic a name we can lock the post so that the last one will be the names?
William Osler wrote: "We are here to add what we can to life, not to get what we can from life."

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Hmm. I guess we could make that happen. Alright, when you pick the names I'll lock the thread.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Nooo! How dare you prevent the thread from derailing further? That's it, I'm going to find CCT and join his holy war against the ruining of good things. We shall be the Forumites Against Good Things Ruined Over Ludicrous Law-enforcement, and you shall pay for your brandishing of your mod powers!
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I like your group name, Sahan. But! HARDKORE asked a simple thing of me, and I shall oblige.

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Post by Sahan »

Then it seems the line has been drawn, looks this can only be sorted the traditional way out with pistols at mid-morning followed by a light brunch and possibly some paintball.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

If only you had three swords. Then you could name them Sunbird, Sunfire and Firebird. And that would make you as original as Chevy!

Or you could just name them all Civic.

FengharTheNord
Avord the Nord

Post by FengharTheNord »

Dude, if he had three swords he could name them Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres.
DonRetrasado wrote:
Amerika wrote:
DonRetrasado wrote:Well you'd need a sock as big as an airplane to hide my penis. An airplane the size of the universe.
Wait I live in a universe.
bow chicka bow wow

Oldrac the Chitinous
Chicken O' the Sea

Post by Oldrac the Chitinous »

Lethal Interjection wrote:If only you had three swords. Then you could name them Sunbird, Sunfire and Firebird. And that would make you as original as Chevy!

I thought you were going to suggest Sunbird, Thunderbird, and Firefox.
Police said they spent some time working out if they could charge the man with being armed with a weapon, as technically he was armed with part of a fish.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Oldrac the Chitinous wrote:
Lethal Interjection wrote:If only you had three swords. Then you could name them Sunbird, Sunfire and Firebird. And that would make you as original as Chevy!

I thought you were going to suggest Sunbird, Thunderbird, and Firefox.
Thunderbird does deserve an honourable mention. I just think it is funny that they took three words and combined them in three ways and made three cars.
Also, the Trans Am and Grand Am deserve a mention.
And of course, I can't discuss car names without mentioning my favourite car name of all time, the Chevy Cavalier. I know what they meant when they named it, but I just find it funny that they named a car with a word that is a synonym for lethargic.

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

I prefer the Thundercougarfalconbird. It has exactly the right amount of eagle in it for maximum comfort and style.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

mountainmage wrote:I prefer the Thundercougarfalconbird. It has exactly the right amount of eagle in it for maximum comfort and style.
Have I ever mentioned here that the name Victor is ruined for me? I have to concentrate to not pronounce it "Beectorrr", thanks to that hilarious bit.

"No dog food for Beectorrr tonight"

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

How often do you come across people named Victor, anyways? To this date I've never known a person named Victor.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

mountainmage wrote:How often do you come across people named Victor, anyways? To this date I've never known a person named Victor.
There is one guy who is in a rather wide circle of friends. I probably haven't seen him in a few years, but I did have to pick up his barbeque for a Stag and Doe recently, and talked with his wife for a bit. So I don't really know him well, but his name comes up from time to time.
And I also worked with a Portugese guy named Victor for a month or two a few years ago, and I've run in to him a few times after that.