I swear I'm serious

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw

Post by hawhaw1267 »

We need to talk about those wonderful shows that everyone loves!
Like, The Tick, The PJ's, and Wonderfalls.

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

Earthworm Jim!!!, Oh Earthworm Jim how I miss thee...
"Is the multitude of laughters mine alone?"

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

hawhaw1267 wrote:We need to talk about those wonderful shows that everyone loves!
ok, never seen the wonderfalls, and the tick is easily in the top 10 shows ever... but the PJ's? i hated that show... so eddie murphy all the time.

hawhaw1267

Post by hawhaw1267 »

ruotwocone wrote:
hawhaw1267 wrote:We need to talk about those wonderful shows that everyone loves!
ok, never seen the wonderfalls, and the tick is easily in the top 10 shows ever... but the PJ's? i hated that show... so eddie murphy all the time.
Wonderfalls was okay. Maybe one or two episodes I saw were neat. The Tick made me laugh my ass off, too bad it got cancelled! And The PJ's was pretty good if you ask me.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

hawhaw1267 wrote:The Tick, The PJ's, and Wonderfalls.
The Tick was rad x1000. I've watched the precious few episodes many times (as well as the slightly-less-rad animated series) and I longingly wish it had never been cancelled. Something in the format appealed to me in a way no other comedic show really has; I sorta connected with the characters, and suspended my belief for the situations.

The PJs, I never watched.

Wonderfalls, I was just getting in to when they cancelled it. The first few episodes did little for me, but as the show started building up momentum, it was a pleasant distraction at worst, and something to look forward to at best.

Earthworm Jim was also pretty rockin', although I've preferred other animated shows since.

But Firefly is the one show I'll really miss. By gods, Whedon, you've got a lot to answer for.
Pirate.

UtterMoron

Post by UtterMoron »

GreenCrayon wrote:
But Firefly is the one show I'll really miss. By gods, Whedon, you've got a lot to answer for.
I suggest watching Serenity.
Awesome movie, kinda made me wish I'd seen Firefly.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Jesster
Clearly not funny

Post by Jesster »

Serenity was essentially a movie version of Firefly. But Firefly was fantastic, darn networks always pulling shows that I like.
"Moloch was drawn from memory, and is aware how crappy his face looks."

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

UtterMoron wrote:I suggest watching Serenity.
Watched. And I own the DVD. And the DVD set of the Firefly series. And I gently caress their cases in the hopes of squeezing just a little more brown-coated fun out of them, but like a stone in the desert, this metaphor* doesn't end well.

* Hang on, that was a simile, wasn't it? Pfah. Well, wait until I upgrade to the new metaphive model -- they're "like compatible" and can be used in either capacity.
Pirate.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

GreenCrayon wrote:
UtterMoron wrote:I suggest watching Serenity.
Watched. And I own the DVD. And the DVD set of the Firefly series. And I gently caress their cases in the hopes of squeezing just a little more brown-coated fun out of them, but like a stone in the desert, this metaphor* doesn't end well.

* Hang on, that was a simile, wasn't it? Pfah. Well, wait until I upgrade to the new metaphive model -- they're "like compatible" and can be used in either capacity.
you too huh?

hawhaw1267

Post by hawhaw1267 »

I never watched either Firefly nor Serenity yet. I really hope that one day I will own the DVD to Serenity soon. It looks great!

Most of those shows we listed were shown of FOX. FOX always seems to cancel the good shows in place of reality shows like Married to the Dog: Makeover Special

we_are_138

Post by we_are_138 »

FOX Murderd Arested Development, they can never be forgiven.
"Is the multitude of laughters mine alone?"

hawhaw1267

Post by hawhaw1267 »

Oh yeah! I forgot about that! It won a friggin EMMY and they still got rid of it! I'll never watch FOX...except to see Simpsons and Family Guy...but thats it!

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

the problem with fox is they go with all the good shows, but don't give them enough time for their followings to get big enough and cancel them. also, you need to go out and buy the box set of firefly and the serenity dvd RIGHT NOW. i think the box set is only like $35-40. i seem to remeber having a sci-figasm the first time i saw firefly.

TwoBuy
Clinically Casbah Rockin'

Post by TwoBuy »

GreenCrayon wrote:The Tick was rad x1000. I've watched the precious few episodes many times (as well as the slightly-less-rad animated series) and I longingly wish it had never been cancelled.
Was anyone else here talking about the insult-to-the-cartoon, real-person version of The Tick? Cause it was crap by comparison IMCO*.

Also Firefly DVD cost me $55 + tax both times I bought it, but I'm buying in retail stores (B&N, and Best Buy). Probably cheaper online.

*In My Correct Opinion
Stories from 19-yo mistresses
Hey girl whats up
A drunk driver hit my blind, 12-yo sister on her way home from school. Im @ the funeral
hahaha
That wasnt a joke dick-hole
Oh
Sooooo... my gf will be out of town Wednesday. U gunna be back by then?

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

TwoBuy wrote:Also Firefly DVD cost me $55 + tax both times I bought it, but I'm buying in retail stores (B&N, and Best Buy). Probably cheaper online.
I paid a little bit more for it when it came out, but I can get it for ?13.99. So, if any Britonians are reading and don't have it already, you know where to look. Same price for Serenity.

You have to admit, that's a ridiculously good bargain right there.
Pirate.