The Utegate Affair

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

Tundra

The Utegate Affair

Post by Tundra »

hmn, I love how they can't think of an original name for the whole scandal.
Australians, what do you think of what's going on? Or are you as confused as I am?
Non Australians, have you even heard of this?
Yeah, you know you want to talk about creativity. http://www.notebookinhand.com The interpretation of 'creativity' is up to you!

Sahan
"I promise you no penis jokes."

Re: The Utegate Affair

Post by Sahan »

What, you mean the car dealership non-event? If anything it's made me more ashamed of the people we elect into parliament. There was nothing to make a fuss over, and even if it wasn't faked, I wouldn't have cared. I guess Turnbull's just getting impatient with being Opposition Leader for so long, and is desperate to wipe off Rudd's popularity any way he can now.
Destructicus wrote: Alt text:
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Since when is chemistry not a science?

mountainmage
Mage of the Mountains

Post by mountainmage »

Nope, never heard of it.
No more white horses ♬ ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫ ♬ for you to ride away

fancybone

Post by fancybone »

I heard that you guys are all upside down, true or false?

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Australian politics rarely makes my news unfortunately. Just when there's an election, or something big's happening like when Rudd apologized for the stolen generation. I think I heard something a while back too about suing Japanese and Norwegian whalers in international court but I never got a follow up story and that was over a year ago. Thus ends my knowledge on Kevin Rudd.

There was however a story today about wallabies eating poppies, getting high and making crop circles.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

fancybone

Post by fancybone »

smiley_cow wrote:There was however a story today about wallabies eating poppies, getting high and making crop circles.
Oz is truly a land of enchantment.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

smiley_cow wrote:There was however a story today about wallabies eating poppies, getting high and making crop circles.
Seriously, the comments to that story are perfect.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Tundra

Post by Tundra »

That wallaby thing is true! And awesome!

I was just surprised that a woman in guam on my forum had heard about it.
Yeah, you know you want to talk about creativity. http://www.notebookinhand.com The interpretation of 'creativity' is up to you!

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

As the Chaser said: Only an Australian would name something "UTEgate"
I feel shame for my people.

Also I am glad that my faith in Kevin Rudd has (so far) proven right. I hoped that if he was dumb enough to do something like this he would admit to it when asked the first time, because the consequences would be far better for him than trying to hide something everyones looking at. I quite like him still, he has lost none of my support.

Malcom Turnbul (spelling?) however, I was just starting to think he was a tolerable and okay guy and I have lost all faith in him.

And I vote on principle not on the representative, so it doesn't matter which I think is awesome, it matters what party they are part of.
King Prawn

Tundra

Post by Tundra »

I don't see why he did it. Surely he knew he'd be called out on it?

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

I don't like his type, really. He's always lived a rich and priviledged life and it shows that Turnbull is a spoilt brat who's used to getting what he wants. He's basically just whinging now because he's not Prime Minister, in my opinion.
"I wonder if chemists feel bad that they're always left out of these sorts of jokes."

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Clearly everyone thought they where in the right. It was a huge error on Malcom Turnble's part. Or an awesome set up by the Labour party! That would be the best, most brilliant plot twist. If the whole thing was actually concocted by Kevin Rudd to take down the opposition.
King Prawn

Sahan

Post by Sahan »

I would like to think the Governement had better things to do, like dealing with this economic difficulty for instance.

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

I've been listening to 'Question Time' and stuff recently (I've got a TV in the house I'm minding). Apparently they don't have better things to do.
King Prawn

Tundra

Post by Tundra »

Sahan wrote:I would like to think the Governement had better things to do, like dealing with this economic difficulty for instance.
We're apparently 10 x better than other 'advanced' countries in terms of recession.