The weather outside!

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Re: The weather outside!

Post by smiley_cow »

Make sure you wear a hat.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

We had snow a few days ago and now it's back to +11°C. Weird weather.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Yeah, it's been weird like that here too. It's nearly December and the snow still won't stay. I think it's supposed to be +1C tomorrow. Hopefully it'll be proper winter soon though.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Ugh, it's 6C right now and it's December and everything is terrible. We have highs above zero predicted for the entire next week. For context, the average temperature this time of year is between -10 and -20 and has been known to get as cold as -30's.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

Take back Al Gore's Nobel until he earns it by actually turning global warming around*.

*running naked through the Paris talks bearing an Earth flag for 2 weeks should do it

e: I was glib, but really Smiley, you, Lethal, and DR are going to feel the effects of global warming a lot more drastically than any of the rest of us here (and most of the rest of the world).
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

It's 8C right now. The previous record high for today was 5C from 1979. And it's supposed to hit 10C next week.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Liriodendron_fagotti wrote:Take back Al Gore's Nobel until he earns it by actually turning global warming around*.

*running naked through the Paris talks bearing an Earth flag for 2 weeks should do it

e: I was glib, but really Smiley, you, Lethal, and DR are going to feel the effects of global warming a lot more drastically than any of the rest of us here (and most of the rest of the world).

At this point I'm mostly chalking up these unseasonable temperatures to El Nino or whatever.
Global warming, from what I've read, is going to affect us more in drastic swings than prolonged this or that.
We've (well, Ontario anyways) had two pretty cold winters in the last two years. So it kind of feels like we're 'due' for a milder one. And the obvious culprit is El Nino, though I'm dubious of most meteorology that gets reported in the news.
What I hate is that during cold winters people are all "Global warming my ASS!" but I doubt very highly that I'll hear people (assuming we have a irregularly mild winter) say "Oh SHIT, global warming!" I mean both suggest an inaccurate understanding. It's just telling, is all.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Yeah, definitely. I didn't mean to imply that the current temperate weather is directly from global warming, but that in the future (50-100 years) you guys will see the largest changes in average temperature.

trickcyclist

Post by trickcyclist »

Outside is dark. We are a-rolling round the gentle curve of the analemma's single, shapely buttock.
The tracks are curved and my train of thought accelerates tangentially. Whooo whooooo.

Edminster
Tested positive for Space-AIDS

Post by Edminster »

On Thursday it is supposed to hit 24C here in Maryland, the day before Christmas.

On Thursday it is supposed to hit 24C down in Perth, the day before Christmas.

That's Fucked Up.
ol qwerty bastard wrote:bitcoin is backed by math, and math is intrinsically perfect and logically consistent always

gödel stop spreading fud

Kimra
He-Man in a Miniskirt

Post by Kimra »

Yeah but I doubt you've been getting the heat waves Perth has this month. (I assume you mean Perth, Australia)

It's meant to rain on Christmas day, this is not uncommon and frankly I like it when it rains because when baking in whatever insane temperature this country throws at you, a bit of rain is always appreciated.
King Prawn

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

We've been having a warm December (like between -5C and -10C) which means it will not stop snowing. Which is very Christmassy feeling, but all the snow is a pain.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

Edminster wrote:On Thursday it is supposed to hit 24C here in Maryland, the day before Christmas.

On Thursday it is supposed to hit 24C down in Perth, the day before Christmas.

That's Fucked Up.
I couldn't find my coat this morning. I spent a few annoyed minutes searching around, unable to locate it. And then I realized I didn't actually need a coat. Since I'll probably be outside most the day, I'm not complaining.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

smiley_cow wrote:We've been having a warm December (like between -5C and -10C) which means it will not stop snowing. Which is very Christmassy feeling, but all the snow is a pain.
Snow? What is this you speak of?
Hamilton has had maybe two light dustings of the stuff. I've only ever had to remove frost from my window once, and it was light enough that windshield-washer-fluid plus wipers rid me of it right quick.

We have had a few really heavy fog days here lately, though. Last night/today being one. Hamilton is known for them, especially on the upper-mountain west-end of town, but it's weird to have it in December.
Granted a heavy fog in cold conditions can be horrible (thankfully we are not in cold conditions). Easily the scariest driving conditions I've been in were because of a post-fog freeze last year (in November I think).

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

24C. Very Weird. The creek next to my parents' house rose over 3 meters from normal thanks to all the rain. Going to have thunderstorms on Christmas. :shock: