Favorite Cartoon Show?

Everything else.

Moderator: GreenCrayon

hawhaw1267
Half the laugh, twice the Haw

Favorite Cartoon Show?

Post by hawhaw1267 »

We have many discussions about T.V. Shows we watch, and discussions about bands we listen to...now, lets talk about our favorite, least favorite cartoon show.

We can talk about our favorite show when we were growing up, or favorite cartoon now days! Because everyone here still goes to Cartoon Network to see Billy and Mandy/Camp Lazlo. Admit it!

UtterMoron

Re: Favorite Cartoon Show?

Post by UtterMoron »

hawhaw1267 wrote:Because everyone here still goes to Cartoon Network to see Billy and Mandy/Camp Lazlo. Admit it!
As a non-American citizen, I find myself unable to discuss favorite cartoons with you.
However, I would like to have this 'Billy and Mandy' you mention explained to me, as I know these two names from a certain other webcomic. Is it a cartoon show in the US that the creators of said comic pay homage to?
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

hawhaw1267

Post by hawhaw1267 »

Wow, that is pretty neat. Yes, that webcomic actually is about that T.V. show Billy and Mandy. It is a pretty funny show. I don't watch it a lot, just if I was bored I would go watch it. It has it's moments of hilarity sometimes, but they repeat the same episodes ALL the time. So I give that show a 7/10 rating.

ruotwocone
sock-puppet of the infinite

Post by ruotwocone »

i've never heard of any of those hawhaw cartoons, but best cartoons are (family guy, futurama, simpsons are assumed):
voltron, mighty max, king arthur and the knights of justice, conan, pirates of dark water, silver hawks, M.A.S.K., Galaxy Rangers, transformers and to a lesser extend G.I. Joe, dragon ball z and thundercats
worst: anything made after 1994* (unless listed above)

*god bless you nostalgia-induced bias.

hawhaw1267

Post by hawhaw1267 »

Oh sweet, a DragonBall Z fan! Who would have known? I thought I was the only nerd here who watched it...

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

ruotwocone wrote:silver hawks
You've got a whole mixed bag in there; some I agree with you as being great, others I disagree. But Silverhawks is something I didn't think anyone remembered.

When (re)watching the pilot episode recently, I fell about laughing upon hearing "Partly metal, partly real". There was just something about the idea of metal not being real that appealed.
Pirate.

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

GreenCrayon wrote:
ruotwocone wrote:silver hawks
You've got a whole mixed bag in there; some I agree with you as being great, others I disagree. But Silverhawks is something I didn't think anyone remembered.

When (re)watching the pilot episode recently, I fell about laughing upon hearing "Partly metal, partly real". There was just something about the idea of metal not being real that appealed.
but i mean come on, they had wings of silver AND nerves of steel. that's a rare combination these days.

Crusty
[Insert Here]

Post by Crusty »

Thundercats, transformers, swatcats, and pirates of dark water to name a few.
I am the Illegitemate Father of Genetics
mountainmage wrote: anchorman was good, but you really need to see "The Grammar Police vs. Shut The Hell Up"

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

Crusty wrote:Thundercats, transformers, swatcats, and pirates of dark water to name a few.
ooo swatcats. i thought the show was kinda average, but it did bring back the metal to theme songs, and that was freakin' sweet.

Crusty
[Insert Here]

Post by Crusty »

Swatcats was amazing! It's cats! It's planes! They shoot missiles, but it changes into a net! What?! A net?!

It did bring back that ol' one guy is skinny and tall one is short and fat. Like mario and luigi, although nothing is worse than white and black cop partners.
mountainmage wrote: anchorman was good, but you really need to see "The Grammar Police vs. Shut The Hell Up"

hawhaw1267

Post by hawhaw1267 »

Crusty wrote:It did bring back that ol' one guy is skinny and tall one is short and fat. Like mario and luigi, although nothing is worse than white and black cop partners.
What? He was fat? I thought he was just muscular...

But, I can beat all your shows...Ren and Stimpy! That was the best show...ever!

ruotwocone

Post by ruotwocone »

hawhaw1267 wrote:
Crusty wrote:It did bring back that ol' one guy is skinny and tall one is short and fat. Like mario and luigi, although nothing is worse than white and black cop partners.
What? He was fat? I thought he was just muscular...

But, I can beat all your shows...Ren and Stimpy! That was the best show...ever!
good, but not better than the Galaxy Rangers.

GreenCrayon
Traditional Iconoclast

Post by GreenCrayon »

hawhaw1267 wrote:But, I can beat all your shows...Ren and Stimpy! That was the best show...ever!
Pfah, not after John Kricfalusi left it wasn't.
Pirate.

Crusty
[Insert Here]

Post by Crusty »

I forgot captain planet... it was okay, I guess, except the plot lines were the same every time

hawhaw1267

Post by hawhaw1267 »

ruotwocone wrote:good, but not better than the Galaxy Rangers.
Pssh! Robotech could beat Galaxy Rangers any day! Robotech was the coolest show ever...though I wasn't old enough to watch it when it came on back in...umm...'89. But I have the first season on DVD.