Re: SMBC Forums Presents: Skype Chats

Post by Kimra »

Agreed.
King Prawn

Apocalyptus
Not what you were expecting

Post by Apocalyptus »

Depending on the time, I should be able to make at least some of it, whether this or next weekend
Kimra wrote:Next they'll be denying us the right to say "We'll rape your arse if you don't come to this fucken country."

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

I'd love to, but 2 a.m. is not really possible.
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Not sure about this weekend. I have nebulous plans which will hopefully be on Sunday, but might be on Friday or Saturday.
As for next weekend, if memory serves, Friday is out but Saturday should be fine.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I think either weekend works for me.

Incidentally are we sold on using Skype? Discord is designed for gamers, but it seems to do everything Skype does a lot better.
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

I can do this Friday anytime after 7pm EST (I think midnight GMT, the daylight savings thing screws me up). But I can't Saturday and I'll probably be camping all next weekend.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

Alright, so it looks like we have more for next weekend, so I'll make a post probably late Monday asking which day people prefer.

And for people who can't make it, I'll try and do another before too long. I just had some Internet issues, and that's why it was so long between skype chats.
DonRetrasado wrote:I think either weekend works for me.

Incidentally are we sold on using Skype? Discord is designed for gamers, but it seems to do everything Skype does a lot better.
I've never used Discord but I'd be willing to consider making the switch if everyone else is on account of skype kind of being a piece of crap. I already have everyone on Skype though, so everyone coming would have to want to switch to Discord.

What do other people think? We don't need to make any hard decisions before the next chat but might be nicer in the future.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.

Kaharz
This Intentionally Left Blank

Post by Kaharz »

In the event I'm not camping, I have no problem switching. My Skype account was suspended for unusual activity and I only ever used it for i think one chat.
Kaharz wrote:I don't need a title. I have no avatar or tagline either. I am unique in my lack of personal identifiers.

Liriodendron_fagotti
(Eastern Bassoon Poplar)

Post by Liriodendron_fagotti »

I've used Discord before, no problem switching.
Continual disappointment is the spice of life.

DonRetrasado
los más retrasadadados

Post by DonRetrasado »

I've never set up a chat by myself before but from what I know Discord is way easy; there's a program you can download but you can also just use it in browser. I think all you need to do to set up an account is come up with a name, too. Best of all: it is not skype
Astrogirl wrote:Lethal, nobody wants to know about your herpes.
Lethal Interjection wrote:That's good to know. I can avoid a few awkward phone calls now.

PyroPrav
The party don't start 'til I chime in

Post by PyroPrav »

Discord is literally the easiest thing to use in the world, (for me since I basically use it everyday), but I or someone else could easily set up a discord server and post the server invite link here.
They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction.

Astrogirl
so close, yet so far

Post by Astrogirl »

No Linux version https://discordapp.com/apps
But as I won't be there anyway ...
Microaggression? Microaggression!

Lethal Interjection
Death by Elocution

Post by Lethal Interjection »

Huh, I'd never heard of Discord before about a month ago. I was prompted to use it for purposes of Marvel Contest of Champions (joined a new alliance that used it) and as such have been using it a lot since.

I didn't realize it was as widely used or the variety of things it could do. I've only used it for group-texting for the above mentioned purpose. I didn't even realize it had voice chat.
The alliance I had previous was using the Line app. I hated it.

PyroPrav
The party don't start 'til I chime in

Post by PyroPrav »

Guess I had a spare 5 mins to make a server, here's the link. Feel free to join if you want and then we can call do the Discord "formally known as the Skype call" call whenever.

https://discord.gg/2PqKcAy
They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction.

smiley_cow
polite but murderous

Post by smiley_cow »

This is later than I meant to post this, what day this weekend works better for people? Either Friday, 8pm Eastern/midnight GMT/10am (saturday) Sydney Australia. Or Saturday night/Sunday morning, same times?

Can anybody make one of these? Both of these?

ETA:
PyroPrav wrote:Guess I had a spare 5 mins to make a server, here's the link. Feel free to join if you want and then we can call do the Discord "formally known as the Skype call" call whenever.

https://discord.gg/2PqKcAy
This is fine, probably (I still don't have Discord). But just a headsup that the chat this weekend is still going to be in Skype.
DonRetrasado wrote:Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose... Bitcoin.